Dear Diary,

Dear Diary,

Today is my first time writing in a diary. I feel like I need to get a lot off of my mind so here we go!

Also, I don't really know how to do this, so bear with me! (is that the way you spell "bear"? NEVER MIND!)

So first things first, I like Harrison. He's a REALLY cute guy in my class. The only problem is he's kinda....in love with my best friend (Maggie)

I don't see why he likes her!

Don't get me wrong she's awesome and beautiful!

But...she hates him. She doesn't realize he likes her and hates him for not liking me back.

Crazy right?

But just wait, it gets better! (Or worse)

Maggie likes his best friend (Quinn). But Quinn likes me and hates Maggie for not liking Harrison.

Of course, Maggie doesn't know Quinn likes me. She's so oblivious!

Ughhhh.

Why is high school so hard!?

Well anyway, back to real life.

- Hunter Goodwin

***

"I don't know why he won't date me!"

"Maggie for the last time, maybe he's into somebody else." I turn towards my best friend, "You'll get over him eventually."

She gives me a disappointed look, "Ok, but you've been saying that for years! I don't see any proof of him liking somebody else, or me moving on."

"The truth is the guy you've been crushing on for years likes me and hates you." That's what I would say if I was honest.

But alas! I'm a people pleaser, "Well I'm sure he will fall for you soon."

Instead of responding, she turns back to her "mystery meat" lunch.

Disgusting.

At least we're past the 'boy talk' for now.

"I just don't understand how he doesn't like me!"

Oh. My. Gosh.

"Maggieee!" I drop my head to the table.

She is literally going to be the death of me!

"I'm sorry, but I just don't get it! I mean, I'm the most popular girl in school. I have good grades. I'm nice," her reasons keep going, but I've learned to block them out.

What she's saying is true, of course. Every guy we see, inside the school and out, falls for her.

Except for Quinn.

I think that's why she likes him actually. She's always up for a challenge.

Yeah, major eye roll.

Ever since we were little Maggie got the attention. She's blonde, blue-eyed, pale, skinny, tall, and energetic. And I'm, well...brunette, brown-eyed, dark, normal, short, and shy.

Ok, I may have exaggerated. I'm of average height. A perfect five foot five. And I may or may not have been scouted by a modeling company last year.

But, it doesn't change the fact that everyone loves her.

Harrison loves her.

"Uh, Hunter?"

I jerk my head up to look at her.