ℕ𝕒𝕞𝕖

Past

"I can't be seen here." He wrote quickly on another piece of paper. Though he appeared calm, his eyes were wary. "Can we meet tonight?"

Tonight? Somewhere alone? Uneasiness felt heavy in my heart. Yet to uncover the truth, I had to take this step. But, before that I had to make sure he was genuine.

Taking the paper from him I wrote back, "How can I trust you? This could have easily been faked!"

A smile grew on his face and from his inner jacket the boy took out another sealed envelope, handed it over to me and wrote again, "Uncle was right. You're smart. Here take this. I don't know what's written in there, except it's from my uncle and he had asked me to give this to you. If you're still up for meeting me, let's meet by Bay Area gate. I'll be waiting there for you at 21:00."

Just like that he sprinted without waiting for an answer. Minutes later grandpa gave me a small smile and together we left for home. He was always a man of few words and more deeds, which was good because these days I hardly had much to talk. When we reached home, I made way for my bedroom and they were used to this. I seldom had any contacts and liked being on my own. But today there was a letter waiting to be read.

My heart was palpitating. Derek was not my lover, but he had been kind and different than those monsters. I could differentiate that what he did to me was horrendous, but when I have reasons to compare, he was atleast careful.

Dear Damien,

By now I am sure you would be hating me with all your heart. I won't ask you to forgive me, but know that, I truly did like you a lot. Those nights that we spent, each of your breath is treasured by me.

In the end, no matter what, I did you wrong. I should have stood up against the atrocities done towards you, but I was a coward, just like the rest of them. Because of which I finally decided to open up and take charge of seeing you free. Following are few of the details that I have gathered in last few years working for Nicholas.

Our gang is called as the "Red Mamba". This gang has been ever present since the 70's. It was started by Nico's grandfather in Russia. You won't get much information about them due to various secrecy and many high profiles being involved. These guys are into all kinds of trade but the most flourishing is Human and Organ trafficking.

Your mother was the one to refuse any bail being given to Nico's cousin. Had she given, many lives would have been at stake. You were a pawn in their game, Damien. Even if she had given bail, they would still have kidnapped you. I am sorry to reveal this fact, but they had plans to sell you off.

Nico has an older brother Elijah. No one has ever seen him. I have heard rumours that Elijah is collaborating with Russian and Mexican cartels; and if that happens, they'd become untouchables.

Hunter and Joker as of now are low on totem pole, but then they're ass lickers, they will reach the top, and when that happens, games will change.

There is a third brother too, but I have no information on him. Sorry.

I am attaching few co-ordinates and papers to help you. I know you're young and might not understand much of these, but then I feel they might be helpful to you in future. There are photographs too.

I am mailing this letter to my nephew, Logan. He is trustworthy. I know because he faces abuse every single day from his stepfather. If there is someone who can understand your situation, if not more, it's my boy. Please help him and help yourself.