Chapter fourteen Chris

I was glad she had told me, she was trusting me with something personal and deep about her that she was really struggling with. It felt good to have her in my arms, she was finally opening up to me, she was going through so much and she was being so brave about it and even though she was so hurt by everything happening around her, she still managed to be so perfect, her smile is so beautiful, her eyes glisten when she's happy, and she is funny and beautiful.

I had an amazing time with her in our date last Saturday and I think she had too. There was so much traffic on the way there and there was no way to get through, that's why I was late, one of the reasons. I also spent so much time deciding what to wear and where to go in hopes of impressing her, getting to know her better.

That Monday morning she told me everything about her parents I drove her home and to my pleasure and surprise she kissed me goodbye, it felt good to be with her, but I couldn't, I wouldn't.

"Thank you for listening" she said and smiled her gorgeous smile

"Whatever you need, I'm here princess" I said and smiled back, she leaned in and kissed me again. Why? I couldn't resist her. Then she got off the car and went inside.

I went home and I couldn't stop thinking about her, she was so perfect, I fell asleep thinking about her, her light brown hair, her deep brown eyes, her smile, thinking about us.

The next morning I picked her up again, I texted her to come outside and she came, looking beautiful as always and kissed me

"Good morning"

"Good morning" I answered back, sounding cold, hoping she would get mad, I saw her excitement fade, but 10 minutes of driving she suddenly asked

"So what are we?" She looked at me with questioning eyes "like we went on a date and we have been kissing, we are probably the talk of the school and, I'm confused"

"Who cares about the people in school? Let them talk, but I'm very popular in school and I don't think you are exactly the type of girl people are expecting" I regretted it as soon as I said it, but I only said it because it worried me, these feelings, she needed to know how amazing she was. It was hard, to push her away when all I wanted was to be close to her. Why did she have to make me feel this way? I could see the disappointment in her eyes, the sadness, l hated seeing her like that.

When we arrived in school everyone was looking at us, but I just stepped out of the car and waited for her to come down too, but when I looked over, she was already gone. I wanted to run after her and try to find her, tell her the truth, but I stopped myself before I hurt her even more.

I invited her on a date before I could stop myself, I had kissed her, I had picked her up to school, called her princess, I liked her, and I showed it, she was fragile, yet so strong. She was so perfect. I had liked her, but this was different, it was more that that, it was fine while it was just a fling, not like this, it had become something so much more that what I had expected, that's why I had kissed her and invited her on a date and called her princess, to was what I did, this was not that, not anymore.