Orc

Warning for blood and violence! Enjoy!

Peeking out the window, you frowned when you saw the orc camp in the field across the road. So much for going to town today. You had hoped they would have moved on considering it's been several weeks. When the portal opened the government had warned everyone to not leave their homes if there were second world creatures around. Just your luck these Orcs don't leave. You and your family are running low on food, because you can't leave. 

Turning your attention to the porch, you noticed some large leaves were purposefully wrapped around something. These little surprises, happen often. Sometimes it would be anything from a dagger with the handle being the jaw of an animal, to full animals, or jewelry.

"Dad, there's another one." You called, motioning him to the window. Hearing him sigh, you knew what he was thinking. 

"Let's see what it is. If it's food, we'll try it." He sighed, though didn't sound thrilled about it. Nodding, you went out. Picking it up, you could just tell from the smell that it was food. Turning to go back in, you froze when you saw an orc moving across the road towards you. Complete attention on you. Backing up, you quickly shut the door and hurried to the kitchen. Knowing the orc wouldn't be able to see you from there. 

"There's an Orc outside." You gasped, setting the leaves on the stove.

"Everyone quiet." Your dad hissed. Making your mom, 8-year-old brother, and you tense, but obey. There was a long moment of silence, as you all waited. Watching your dad, until he peeked around the corner and nodded.

"Dad, we can't keep this up." You pointed out, "We're going to have to sneak out or something."

"I know." He grumbled, examining the leaf wrapped meat before cutting off a small piece and eating it, "It's good. Go ahead and eat everyone." 

Accepting some food, you were surprised with the flavor that you had never tasted before. It was almost addictive, though that could be that you've been rationing food for a while. Finishing eating, you looked up when you heard your mom clear her throat.

"Kids, we're going to try going to town. (Y/N), pack a bag for you and your brother. Your father says we're leaving soon." 

Nodding, you whipped your hands, then went to do as she said. Packing your brother's bag with mostly bottled waters, some clothes for him, and his stuffed animal. Your bag had a few more clothes for both him and you, as well as one of the two daggers you had found on the porch. The one with the jaw of an animal, you tied to your belt in case you would need to use it. It might be a little odd, but even your dad complimented the craftsmanship of it.

"I don't want to leave." (B/N) grumbled as you helped him put his bag on his back.

"We have you." You explained, "If we stay here, we won't make it. Dad we're not going to walk, are we?"

"No, we're going to take the four wheelers." He answered, "We should be able to get them started and get out of here before the Orcs even know what's going on."

Nodding, you followed him and your mom to the garage. Climbing onto your four-wheeler with your brother getting on behind you. Watching the large doors open, you waited for you dad go to first before going after him. Taking off fast and only speeding up when you caught a glimpse of the orcs leaving their camp to chase after you from the left.

"(B/N), don't look back." You growled, knowing your brother scares easily. Turning back to face the front, you tensed and looked to the right when you saw something dark running at you. There wasn't any time to do anything before it hit your four-wheeler. Knocking you and (B/N) as the vehicle rolled away.