chapter 11

Kandis pov :

Callen stopped the car and we were in front of his apartment . He seems better now , after our conversation about his brother I took him to the shooting range which was indoor so we were restricted to use certain type of firearms but he doesn't seem to mind it , well I forgot , obviously he would have known all this before .

We both were silently waiting for the lift . I looked at him and he sensed me so , now we both are looking at each other , his blue eyes were looking right into my soul and I couldn't take my eyes off him , suddenly I heard a ding sound and getting distracted, I saw hoist was here . We got in and callen broke the silence

" Thanks for today , though the conversation we had was little embarrassing " he chuckled
" But sometimes I just wish I could umm" he was hesitating

" It's all okay callen , you - " I got cut off my the ding of elevator , he got off and I followed him . He unlocked the door and before going in he pointed to the door besides his
" That's Finn's "

" Oh , I see but Finn isn't home yet? " I asked .

" I got a message , he is with Emma " he smiled .

" They are going to have a good time ".

I entered in and saw a big living room , much more bigger than mine . I am not getting jealous just comparing , I happy with all I have got . I saw going somewhere , I sat on the couch and roamed my eyes around , he has pictures hang besides his tv , I got up and walked towards them .

I saw a picture in which he looks 3 yrs old , with his father sitting besides him on a chair . Next I saw his picture with his brother. I saw his mother and his brother in one picture . Their was a family photo and he looked happy in all those . My eyes went to the one in which callen had his one arm on Finn's shoulder

" That's the first time I saw Finn " a voice from behind said , I turned around and saw callen walking towards the couch with a jug and 2 glasses .

" Water " he pointed to the jug. I sat on the couch waiting for him to continue .

" After my military school was over , my father made me meet with President Wilson and Finn , coming back home he told me about Finn's past but that's not the time when I became his bodyguard , we met a lot of times as Friends and one day when it was the time for election , Finn had his bodyguard but they couldn't protect him , he was kidnapped and surely they were going to use him so that Mr Wilson could never be the president . My father, my brother James were in incharge and it took all the agents , hacker 3 week to find Finn , when they were finally going for rescue , I requested my father to allow me too ". He stopped , he wasn't tensed or stressed . He filled the glass with water and drank it .

"Did he allow you ? " I asked.

" Yes he did , he never stopped me for my decision . He let me decide and act on it even though he knows it's a wrong decision he won't stop me . He still says that I should know what's wrong and what's right and I agree with him . " I smiled and nodded .

" So when we were almost done and we had to just take Finn out , more attack started and everyone were busy with the sudden attack . All I made sure was to take Finn out when everyone was distracted , everything went well . I was asked to be his bodyguard but no one is supposed to know that , not even you " we both laughed .

" Well " I laughed and shrugged my shoulder .

" unlike any other bodyguard , I was young and I could follow him to High school too " he laughed again.

" You got to learn in military as well as a private school " i said with a chuckle .

Before he could say anything his phone rang. He picked it up and his face went serious . He got up and grabbed a bag , still his phone on his ears .

He looked at me " I need to go"
I don't know what the situation is but it's something very serious

" I am coming"

" No you aren't and you can't stay here , someone will pick you up drop you off to your home , understood?".

" I am going with you" I said sternly.

" I can't put you in danger do you understand that? " He said with a irritated tone

" Callen , you are wasting your time . You know I am not going to listen to you so stop trying ". I said and walked out with him following me .

He unlocked the car and I quickly opened it and sat in .

" You don't have to come "

" Callen ! " I said in Stern and pleasing voice .

He looked at me , probably thinking if he's right . He sighed and started the car .