chapter 14

Kandis pov :

It is 6:30 am , I got up from my bed , did my daily morning routine and wore some comfortable clothes for running .

Taking some water from kitchen I sat on the couch , my eyes went to my family photo . I grabbed it and brought it closer .

My parents and me , I was very small probably 4-5 yrs . I don't remember taking this photo , if only my parents were alive they could have told me how was the experience. I sighed heavily, letting my head drop.

My parents had a government job and I don't specifically know what their work was , probably I never asked. Sometimes they were home and sometimes they never came home for days , I never had a problem with it because whenever they used to be home I can remember they used to be with me and we used to play together. Though I agree I used to miss them when they weren't home and I still do. I allowed the tears to freely flow down my face and sat there for a long time without moving , thinking of past days.

I took a deep breath
" That's it , Kandis" I said to myself " we don't have whole day , let's get to work " I wiped the tears and washed my face .

..........

I walked out of the building , there were few people around but not much . Everyone is lazy , should I go back in my blanket? I imagined how comfortable my blanket is ,warm!
". Get your mind straight kat "

I started jogging , whenever I go for a run my mind goes to my past memories always and I like it . It feels real .

I used to go for running like this with my parents , from then to till now I still go for run at this time .
When I was young they used to wake me up and I used to be so asleep , I used to sleep while eating and they would probably pick me up and take me for run , I smiled.

I was so into thought I didn't notice where I was going . I stopped and turning my head I saw where I was.
I came very far .
My eyes went on someone , someone familiar .

I saw he was with someone , he is his brother . I saw his picture when he was young , he still look almost the same . Looking at them I saw callen's eyes are on me . Now I cannot walk away .

I walked up to them
" Hey , good morning " I greeted

" Why are you doing here ? " Callen asked

I shrugged my shoulder " just for a run" he nodded .

He turned towards his brother
" Meet him , he is James " he introduced " my brother"

I smiled " nice to meet you , I am kandis "

James looked up to callen and smiled , is he teasing him?

" Nice to meet you too , callen sometimes talk about you "

Callen winced and I smiled at callen .

" Do you by any chance know Smith?" James asked me

" Yeah , how do you know"

" He used to work with me and he told me about you and your parents"

Ohh ....

" I heard they died on a mission "

What ! What is he talking about? Probably got the wrong person.

" They died you are correct but what mission? They died in a car accident James ". My eyebrows furrowed.

" I am sure about this kandis , Smith told me "

Wait no , something isn't right. I looked up to callen and shook my head . Tears started form in my eyes , I don't even know what mission mean here but I know that's completely different from car accident. I am their family so what i know is completely true and what James know is false . Yeah ! He might be misunderstood. Calm down.

I tried to control myself , I smiled
" Pick me up at 8 " I told to callen . He nodded and I headed back to home . I have many many questions but no one to ask .

No wait ! Kandis come on what you know is completely true , you even saw papers of your parents death . Why am I having a doubt? But
James is no one , he don't know anything! I am - my lips quiver as I try to control my tears , I don't want to cry on a street . Stop thinking kandis .
I am so confused.

Heyo!

Merry Christmas guys ✨✨

What do you guys think of kandis and callen , like I really want to know from your pov .

What are you going to do for Christmas today? I made a house for my dog , he's name is simba. If you have watched lion king then you know ✌️