Fourteen

Brook

Probably I should call mom and see where are they, it's not that normal to disappear in the middle of the night.

Who's talking? Me, who suddenly dissapeared and went on a forest very far from home for hours without telling anyone. Yea yea. Anyway.

I tapped mom contact on my phone and it started ringing, almost immediately she picked it up.

"Brook, baby, where are you!? Are you okay?!" She said in panic as she was sounding very worried. Great I worried her again.

"I'm home mom, d-don't w-worry please and yea im o-okay..." I said shattering wanting her to calm down. Gosh it's so hard  lying to my mom.

She can always understand easily how I'm feeling in the moment and  always knows when I'm lying to her. Which i think is happening right now.

"Oh baby we are on our way stay there, okay?" Mom said in relief and i then  heared the car door shut on the background. I just nodded even though she wasn't able to see me.

"I-I'm so s-sorry mom, I-I didn't m-mean to worry y-you I-l'm s-sorry" I managed to say something after I was kinda zoned out in my own thoughts.

Tears had formed in my eyes already yet again, I could hear my  heart beats that were going faster and faster by the time.

I can't even describe what I'm feeling right now, so many emotions inside me. I don't even know what to feel anymore.

So many thoughts in my head, most of them are dark and i mean  really dark. I try to shake them off every time they appear,but each time i fail.

Things are getting out of control, I am getting out of control. I don't recognize myself anymore.

That frightful thoughts were interrupted by my mom who's still on the phone.

"Brook you there?" She asked concerned through the phone as I sat down on the couch slowly.

"Yea mom, I just.. zoned out" I said quietly on the phone. I hope she heard me.

"It's alright Brook, we are on our way see you there"  she said in attempt to calm me down.

"She gotta have a lot of explanation to do" I heard dad said worriedly on the background.I didn't said anything I just ended the call.

I placed my phone on the table and laid down on the couch just staring at the ceiling.

Shark came over at me happily, oh look his waving his tail. That made me chuckle a little.

He jumped up on the couch and sat down on my feet and got comfortable. Silly dog.

As I was petting Shark I heard Mom's van parking on the garage outside. And yea everyone's car has a different sound.

After one or two minutes the door opened quickly revealing a worried mom and dad. I'm wondering where the others could be.

"Oh Brook where the hell where you? We all got so worried about you " Dad said and both of them came over and hugged me tightly.

"I'm sorry but without knowing I may had skated a little to far than I was supposed to" I said hesitantly and cause to be true I'm a little scared for what will they say to me.

"Like how far?" Mom said as she patted my back but sounding a little concerned.

"Well,I don't know but for sure it was out of town... I'm sorry" I said quietly while playing with my fingers as I was very anxious in the moment.

"It's okay for now don't worry but don't do it again okay? We are glad that you are okay. And  You're lucky that we love you too much to punish you" Mom said giggling the last part which made me laugh a little too.

Little did she know...

But She's right, if they didn't love me as they do they would have killed me for this. Really.

"I'm going to my room now...I'm tired" I announced to mom and dad and they both just nodded.

I walked inside my room and closed the door behind me. I switched the lights to heavy blue colour.

I grabbed my wheeling chair from the desk and placed it infront of my window and sat down but the opposite way gazing the view of the neighbourhood.

It may be dark outside right now  but our street thankfully had lights everywhere.

I wish I could see the clear sky and the stars at night. Which I'm not able to do here in LA. And it's a little sad.

I don't think I've ever seen the clear sky ever. It always has to be cloudy.

The whole time I was just staring out of the window, I don't know for how long.

Suddenly I heard another call pulling by. I figured out it was Billie's car by the sound.

When she parked Billie got out of the driver seat and Finneas with Claudia out of the passenger seats.

Billie locked her car and all of them walked quickly inside the house together.

I could hear them talking with mom and dad from the living room but I couldn't hear clearly what they were saying.

And i don't really care what they are saying, well i mean they obviously are talking about me right now after that shit.

I didn't bother to move any single muscle right in the moment. I just don't give a fuck.

Suddenly there was silence in the living room the only thing i could hear was some footsteps. Billies footsteps.

How I'm gonna look at her ever again after what happened. Gosh I'm kinda embarrassed.

What? I told her all that serious shit and then left her there with a bounce of questions propably.

If i was her i would be mad at me for leaving her there clueless.

Then i felt a pair of hands huging me from my waist and a head leaning on my shoulder. Billie.

"Brook.. of course and I'm not mad at you" she said softly in my ear and hugged me even tighter.

Did i just said that out loud? Oops

I just stayed silent i don't even know what im supposed to say?!

"I-im so sorry that i left you here without saying anything.." i said looking down while trying to avoid having eye contact with her.

"Hey look at me" She said softly and grabbed my face so i was now looking into her eyes.

"It's okay i understand that you were really nervous after you told me but you know I'm really proud of you for telling me"  she said and i smiled weakly.

I don't know why but deep inside it felt good hearing all those nice and sweet words from my family.

"Thank you Billie, that's really helpful right now" i said and saw her smiling.

And also I don't know but deep inside i think i did good for telling Billie that.

As George said she's my sister and wants to help me.

"I'll be always here for you whenever you need me and if another time you have the urge to do it please tell me okay?" She said kinda sadly in the last part. I didn't say anything i just nodded.

I immediately got up from my chair and hugged Billie as tight is i could cause I'm not that strong as i used to.

My bones now I don't eat are very weak but well it doesn't affect me.

"I think you should go to sleep you must be really tired after that long day yea?" Billie said softly and i nodded in her chest.

"Yea but can you sleep with me...?" I said kinda hesitating cause I'm 15 year old so I would be able to sleep alone?

But no no i need to sleep with Billie.

"Of course Brook I don't mind" she said and chuckled a little.