01:summer break

Having summer vacations had many advantages, and wearing summer clothes has been one of my favorites

Having summer vacations had many advantages, and wearing summer clothes has been one of my favorites. I loved free dresses, not like I had a specific reason, but the love came naturally. Such vacations also allowed us to meet with old friends. Those whom we separated after high school.

Many restaurants in the city were whale-packed. Most customers were students.

I strolled between the occupied tables with a shopping bag in my hand. Billie Elish's song-Bad Guy, played on my wireless earphones, bringing some lively mood in me. I loved Billie Elish's songs for many reasons, one being that they helped me sleep. That was a story for another day.

I sighted my bestie, Carina, seated at one table close to the enormous city-view window. She grinned on seeing me and then fixed her silver-rimmed eyeglasses. She lifted her hand and waved at me.

I was always late for our dates.

Carina Victor, the town diva who was a writer. She was a model, 5'7 feet tall, slender with a curvy body. Her beauty was man's weak point. Every man always turned. She wore eyeglasses that hid her brown eyes. Not like she had eye problems. She wore them because she used a laptop a lot for writing. Her chestnut lips in heart shape always had the most beautiful smile. I admired her, especially her black curly hair.

Carina and I were quite contrary in appearance. I had natural shoulder-length auburn hair. Most people said it matched my hazel eyes. I stood 5 '5 feet above the ground. Carina had glowing dark skin, and I had an olive skin tone.

Ever since Junior high, we have been inseparable.

I reached the table and pulled a chair in front of my grinning friend. I was unaware of the noise I made from the chair against the tiled floor until I saw people glaring in my direction. If glares could kill, I could have been dead meat.

I sank onto it and then placed the white shopping bags on my lap.

Carina was talking to me, but I couldn't hear her voice because of the bass produced on my earphones. I only saw her lips move, her hand doing some air gestures, and the angry face she had pulled out.

I grinned like a fool, then took off the earphones to grant her the attention she was coveting. "Talking to me?" I teased.

Rolling her eyes, she took a sip of her Coke. She hadn't rested it on the table when I snatched the bottle from her hand and took a sip.

We both used straws to keep our red lipstick from smudging. Who cared about us sharing saliva, I mean, we once kissed, so that was not a biggie.

"Guess who I saw." I cleared my throat, ready to gossip.

"Hmm," she swallowed her coke. "Please don't tell me it was Lucas."

My smile fell. "Would I be smiling like this?"