09|DOs and DON'Ts

Going for a damn day, and a night without a circus felt unreal

Going for a damn day, and a night without a circus felt unreal. It scared me more than fighting with one of the evil family members. 

After the auction that went wrong, we came back to the mansion. Though I stayed in the dormitory as instructed by Matteo, I still thought Lazza or his brother Romeo would launch their demons again. They did not, actually, I nevert saw them ever since. Maybe someone needed to stab Romeo for the peace of everyone in the area. 

That wasn't supposed to be something to cheer me up, because I wouldn't know what they were cooking under my nose. Perhaps to assassinate me in front of everyone as a life lesson, or to torment me to the last breath.

I sighed at that, rolling over on the squeaky metallic bed to get a good position so I could continue sleeping. 

Though I was starving, that should have been what woke me up, but no, it had to be the door flying open, the knob slamming on the wall as the noise echoed in the whole dormitory. 

The Lazza’s maid dashed in, her anger visible and her steps hurried to where I had been relaxing.

"You worthless bitch!” 

I should have seen the wrath racing in her to get up and step away, but I was too late. She had fisted my hair and pulled me out of the bed. I slipped off, close to falling on my knees but she hauled me up. The grip on my hair tightened, forcing a hiss through my lips.

I gripped her hands, read to yank her off but she used her free hand to offer me a resounding slap. “You asshole!” 

Recollecting my senses, I managed to stand. My senses were up alert maybe from the hot slap or the fact that she wasn't going to stop. She was lucky she got me as I woke up.

The reason I was being attacked remained unknown. But this time,  that wasn't the case, like to offer the same demons she showed me.

My hands caught her shoulders, still pushing my head so to lessen the pain induced she pulled my hair. Once I had her in my hands, I slipped my hand under her neck. With a swift move, I pushed her off, pinning her on a wall with a heavy thud that got her releasing my hair. Her mistake.

One hand remained on her neck, pressing her with enough energy that she had to rescue herself. I used my right hand and aimed for her cheek. I offered a sound slap that turned her cheek red.

“Now we can talk.” I gritted on her face, pressing her harder that she gasped for hair. “The next time you want to fight, find a match!” I saw she aimed to use her legs but I was quick to push my knee on her. “And if you ever touch my hair again, I'll not only shape your manners but also your nose!” 

“Alessia!” Someone suddenly gripped me, pulling me away from the girl. “What is the matter with you?”

Clara.