04|the Mafia territory

A brisk breeze grazed my shoulder, and a shiver ran down my spine. I sluggishly fumbled in search of something to cover myself from the chill, and fortunately, I found one.

My body felt relaxed, except for the window of the room that was certainly open, allowing the breeze to sneak in.

A soft groan left my throat and ran my hand through my hair. I inhaled the delightful scent on the bedding, enough to bring a smile to my lips.

Stretching my hands with a yawn, the breeze grew strong, wafting in the room and carrying with it the scent of the ocean.

I grew reluctant to wake up; the bed felt so comfortable that it compelled me to continue sleeping. But my stomach rumbled. I was starving.

Most of the time, I rarely woke up hungry. I got used to waking up in the middle of the night to grab some snacks, like cupcakes.

Did I skip a meal?

Attempting to remember what I had for dinner, visions began gushing in my brain. The untouched delicious meal from the romantic dinner with Marco. The sudden attack.

The Attack!

"Marco!" I snapped, sitting up in a swift move. I wasn't supposed to be loving the sleep. Something happened that night, or the night before, or whichever night. I wasn't sure when it did.

I was in a strange-looking room. It looked nothing like my room, not Carina's or even Marco's. To remember that a dangerous man drugged me before I passed out, that alone terrified the shit out of me.

I pushed the gray covers off my body and stepped down. The moment I got up, I realized I was naked. No, scratch that, I was wearing a gold-colored lingerie.

I sat back on the bed and grabbed the covers to hide my bare body. If I was in a nightmare, I wished to wake up from it.

"There is a dress beside you for a reason." A deep voice declared, and my gaze darted in the direction. My heart pounded so hard.

The man sat on the other side of the room, near the wide-open window that faced the ocean. I could barely see his face because of the brightness emitted from the window that obscured him.

Squinting to get a better view, he noticed my struggle and got up. My heartbeat picked its pace when he began walking towards me. I clutched the covers against my chest, wanting to scream but again, unable to even make a sound.

He dressed in a death-looking suit, similar to the one I knew, the one I first saw him wearing. I had a lot to think about and understand what this strange man had to do with me. Because our encounter at the lingerie shop couldn't have been the reason. I did not remember insulting him.

He stopped right in front of me and I squeezed my thighs shut. He held a glass of whiskey. I did not miss the rings on his fingers, but I focused.

"What do you want?" I asked, trying to regain composure.