Chapter 38: Dense (1)

***Solaris's Viewpoint***

I was overjoyed when I saw mom and dad that I shed tears of joy and gave them my happiest smile. I forgave my brother and continued hugging our parents. We were just talking about how our days were going when Captain Larks arrived.

"Endless glory to the sun, moon and stars of the empire!!" He greeted us and two other knights followed.

"Yes, what brings you here?"

"Dad, just go. What if it's something important?" I said and pushed him away.

"But Solaris..!"

"It's fine dad, seeing you like this is enough for me." I persisted and pushed him further away. "You don't want Sir Larks and the others waiting right?"

"Your Imperial Majesty, it's not about political or other matters. It's about Her Imperial Highness's coming-of-age ceremony, the head maid haven't started preparing for it."

"What?!!"--Dad, mom and brother

"I was there just now and they were slacking off. They even talked back to me that I had no choice but to report this to you, Your Imperial Majesty."

"That--!"

"Honey, watch your words." Mom sternly said and smiled.

"Of course. Larks, bring her to me later. I've already decided on her punishment, the sloth of the people is the leader's error. Honey, let's go." Dad said from awkwardness to infuriation and the three of them left.

"I'm sorry Solaris."

"I've already forgiven you brother, I just want to ask you a favor."

"What is it?"

"Ban and burn all the copies of that novel entitled 'Mystical Romance'? If someone disapproves of it, tell them that its existence is defamation of the Imperial Family."

"Why? What is it about?"

"It's..! It's too embarrassing to even say it..! You'll find out about it later, good day brother!" I bid him and left.

That freaking book will be my worry no longer, hehe. Now where do I go now? The garden? What about the knights' training ground?

I headed towards my last choice and changed into my training attire. I chose a wooden sword from the rack and went to a hitting target made up of some wood and hay. I just slashed my weapon at it again and again to relieve my stress.

"Hyaah!! Hyaah!!"

"Hello Your Imperial Highness, it looks like your target's gonna be severely damaged!" I turned around.

"Brother Heinrey!!"

"Hehe, how have you been Your Imperial Highness?"

"Oh come on Brother Heinrey, call me casually like what Alleria has done for five years."

"How could I possibly do that?" I pouted that he balked. "Fine, Solaris." He sighed.

"Yay!! Brother Heinrey, wanna spar with me? I've been on a bottleneck lately."

You'll help me right? Also, I just want to test your skills as a Captain.

"If that's what you want, wait for me to prepare 'kay?" He left and when he returned, he was already in his training suit and carrying a wooden sword as well. "Don't expect me to go easy on you!"

"Right back at ya!!" We rushed to attack each other and managed to dodge all the other's attacks.

We continued to be on a stalemate when something sparkled a few meters from us that caught my attention. It caught me off guard and Brother Heinrey slammed me to the ground. He pointed his wooden sword at my neck.

"You forgot the first rule, to focus." He told me while panting.

"Sorry, I just saw something." He knelt down and flicked my forehead. "Ahh, what's that for?!"

"Solaris, you lose focus easily. That must be why you failed to beat the Brûlurian Crown Prince."

That hurts more than my forehead!

"I know okay? Gosh!" He flicked my forehead again. "Ahh!!"

"That's for your profanity." I caressed my temple.

"You know, you're abusing your title as the next Grand Duke!" Someone coughed that caught our attention so we turned to its direction. Deim glared at Brother Heinrey while the latter just grinned. They continued to do so for a few minutes.

What are they doing? Is this the so-called 'staring contest'?

"Uhmm... guys?" They laughed awkwardly.

"Sol, why are you here 'alone' with him?" Deim curiously asked emphasizing the word 'alone'.

"Why do you care? It's not like we have a relationship; plus, we're just cousins. What's wrong with hanging out with a family member?" I reasoned out that I heard him click his tongue.

"Solaris, really... don't you know when you're the person involved?" Deim asked.

"Me, involved with what? What do I need to know?" I curiously asked as I tilted my head. They looked at each other and sighed.

"I'm sorry Your Imperial Highness..." Brother Heinrey apologized and tapped Deim's shoulder.

"It's okay, it's not like it's your fault she's dense..." Deim assured him that I sweatdropped.

W-What..? What is this?

"Hey!!" I retorted yet they sniggered to themselves.