Chapter 41: Coming-of-Age Ceremony (1)

What kind of a situation is this? Why is this perverted guy here? This is a nightmare, right?

"G-Good morning Deim, you always manage to ruin my day." I sarcastically said in a hoarse voice. "I must be half-awake, I'm seeing supernatural things early in the morning." I added as I rubbed my drowsy eyes.

"Good morning Sol!" He greeted with a bright smile. "Aren't you gonna wake up?"

"Later, I'm still sleepy..."

"But Your Imperial Highness, you don't have a lot of time to prepare..!" A maid butted in.

"Prepare? Prepare for what?" I sat up straight and covered my mouth as I yawned.

"Imperial Princess, it's your coming-of-age ceremony..!"

"Wait, today? I see, we still have half a day to prepare so don't worry." I shrugged and was about to lie down when Deim walked to the bed and carried me bridal style. He went to the bathroom while carrying me and dropped me into the bathtub full of water. The splash resonated through the room and I shivered feeling the cold water.

"Everyone, you can now start dolling her up. I'll send someone to deliver her dress in a minute. Sol, wait for me and hang in there okay?" He winked at me and disappeared.

How dare he do this to me?! I'll really knock some sense into him for his brazen behavior!

Ten maids went in the room including the one earlier. I spent the whole day taking a bath, being massaged stiffening me rather than relaxing my muscles, eating some raw vegetables when my stomach rumbled, and other exhausting routines.

I was just finished wearing my undergarments when someone came out of the blue. I screamed at the top of my lungs that all of the maids were alarmed. A beautiful azure dress decorated with white pearls, diamonds and sapphires came into view that my eyes sparkled. A familiar guy appeared behind it with a proud smile on his face.

"What do you think?"

"It's beautiful Deim, is it really okay for me to wear it?"

"Of course, it's my early birthday gift to you after all. Before all of that, you should probably cover yourself first." He pointed at me that my face burned up once again. I hurriedly covered myself with a blanket and shifted my gaze.

"Could you please get out now?" I asked, embarrassed.

"Alright." He then closed the door after leaving.

The maids put the corset on me that I held my breath. They kept pulling the string of it that my waist got thinner and I felt suffocated.

"That's enough please..!"

"A little more Your Imperial Highness..!"

The corset tightened that I struggled to breathe.

"It's done, Imperial Princess." They put the rest of the things and then the beautiful dress on me. They styled my hair into a single loose braid and put some pearls between the strands. I wore blue-stained glass shoes that I felt a little burdened. They put some powder on my face and showed me a mirror.

I can't believe that I'm the owner of this body!

We heard a few knocks from the door.

"Can I now come in?"

"Sure." I gasped in awe when I saw Deim wearing all-white outfit with golden trimmings. While I was still in a daze, he walked in front of me and put something on my head. He turned my shoulders so I faced the mirror again.

I saw a tiara made purely out of diamond embedded with three quadrangular sapphires atop my head that somehow complemented the dress perfectly.

"This is not a Helionthan tiara right?" I asked as I pointed at it.

"Yep, it's the tiara for the Crown Princess of Lunaria." He casually replied that I flinched.

Crown Princess of Lunaria??!

"W-What? Isn't this considered an imperial treasure? Why are you giving this to me?"

"It is an imperial treasure but I'm just validating what is truly mine so don't worry." He patted my head and put my arm on his. "Shall we go now?"

"Sure!" We then left Sunni Palace and headed straight to the venue of my party which is Al Sol Palace. When we arrived at the door to the ballroom, Captain Larks bowed and cleared his throat.

"Her Imperial Highness Princess Solaris Athene diLumiere Heliontha and His Imperial Highness Crown Prince Deimos Rocher diRiviére Lunaria are entering!!" The scarred Captain of the Imperial knights announced and the door opened revealing many people of either noble or royal birth.

"Endless glory to the stars of Heliontha and Lunaria!" They all greeted us and bowed respectfully. A familiar-looking girl caught my attention and when I blinked my eyes, she already disappeared.

"Borealis..." I murmured that Deim and even I was surprised.

W-Who?

"Did you say something Sol?"

"I... didn't." We walked down the grand staircase covered with a wide and long red wool carpet.

What did I say again? Was it Borealis? Who the heck is that? Surely I didn't meet anyone with that name right?

I was lost in my own thoughts when Deim caressed my cheek.

"Sol, are you okay? You don't look too good."

"Yes, I'm fine. The side effect of preparing that long must be it."

"His Imperial Majesty Emperor Helios diLumiere Heliontha IV, Her Imperial Majesty Empress Regnant Leoght S. Heliontha and His Imperial Highness Crown Prince Cyrprus Licht diLumiere Heliontha are entering!!"

"Endless glory to the sun, the moon and the star of Heliontha!" Everyone said in accord.

"Her Royal Majesty Empress Consort Mathilde M. Heliontha and Her Royal Highness Princess Helia Aryss M. Heliontha are entering!!"

"Endless glory to the second moon and the star of Heliontha!"