Chapter 44: Escape from the Palace (1)

***Solaris's Viewpoint***

I know that I should be defending my position right now but heck, the opportunity is being presented to me just like I wanted. Dad would exile me and I'll be no longer a princess with shackled power and freedom. I'll just be free and normal like a commoner.

I teleported to my room in Sunni Palace and went to my secret compartment behind the curtain. There I took out all my savings of my allowance for five years in secret. I knew this day would come so I've come prepared. Emi appeared behind me.

"Your Imperial Highness, are you running away?"

"No I'm not, the Emperor is exiling me like I deserve." I shrugged.

"And you're not even a little bothered by it? Don't you feel any attachment to the Imperial Family, to your friends, to the maids, to me?" She asked with tears in her eyes.

"Yes I do, yet I'm not worthy of such relations." I finished packing up. "Well then, take care and good luck." I bid and waved my hands goodbye. She was about to stop me when I disappeared from her sight.

After arriving at the port, I covered myself with the cloak I bought a week ago when I met Alan and his fellow orphans.

"There are only three rooms available, take it now!!" A man in his thirties yelled and many people flocked to his direction so I followed as well.

"Sir, give me one of the rooms for ten niseis!!" A woman begged while holding a baby in her arms.

"Me too, I'll give you the same amount!!" Another woman said.

"Sir, I'll give you a krona for a room!" I stated that all of them focused their eyes on me.

"Do you have a krona? Based on your clothing, you look like you barely have a nisei!!" The man jokingly asked and the rest laughed hysterically. "F*ck off, you bitch!"

This guy, he's really pissing me off!

I reached a gold coin from my pocket and threw it at the man's forehead. "What about now Sir?"

"Okay Miss, you just walk through the tramp. At the end of it, you'll see a young man in a white polo. Tell him that you're a VIP and he'll show you to your room." He instructed that I nodded. "Sorry for insulting you Miss."

"It's fine, I get that a lot." I blankly replied and walked away. When I got on the ship, a man in his twenties with shiny chocolate hair tied into a ponytail and enchanting sharp turquoise eyes came into view. He then wore a stern expression when he saw me.

"Who the f*ck are you?!" He asked as he unsheathed his sword.

"Your worst nightmare."

"Don't joke with me or I'll slice your head off!"

"I'm obviously a passenger and by the way, I'm a VIP." He widened his eyes.

"I'm sorry Miss, I didn't know..!" I nodded. "I'll guide you to your room." He lead me to the lower level of the ship. I saw various wooden doors and we finally stopped at a silver-plated double doors. He gave me a key and grinned.

"T-Thanks uhmm Sir?"

"It's Altair, how about you miss?"

"Zena."

"I'll be sure to remember that, have a good rest Miss Zena!"

"Thanks Sir Altair!" I then opened the lock with the key and went in. A fine bed with cotton pillow, bed sheet and blanket, a small furniture for my bag, a personal toilet, and a circular glass window greeted my eyes. Some curtain covered parts of the wall and the floor creaked when I moved to other positions.

This is not as bad as I thought!

I cut my hair until it only reached my shoulders and I half-tied it. I put the hair in a cloth and threw it through the window. I washed my face to remove the makeup and dried it with my handkerchief that Helia embroidered two years ago.

I plopped myself to the bed and fell asleep. I heard several knocks from the door so I got up.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"It's me."

"Oh, Sir Altair! What is it?"

"You must get out now, there's something weird outside!!" He said, alarmed.

"Weird? What do you mean?"

"You'll know once you're out." I heard his footsteps going away.

I washed up and changed into a purple polo and folded the sleeves to my elbows. I tucked the bottom part of the garment under a pair of denim. I wore ankle-length black boots and wore a black wig.

<Mien Shift>

I changed my eye color to purple and went outside. I gasped when I saw the sea being made not out of water but diamond.

"Look, we should mine the sea right away!!"

"Yeah, or we'll be left out!!"

"Just what in the world happened here?" I posed a question.

"Gather everyone and get your pickaxes!!"

Sir Altair went to my direction so I was about to open my mouth to ask when he did first.

"Do you have some assumptions about this Miss Zena?"

Why are you asking me when I just knew when I got out?

"Nope, none at all. I know a little about magic due to my late father being a sage but I'm shocked just thinking that magic has an effect to the surroundings to this extent."

"Your father was a sage?"

Actually, my father is an Emperor and I'm a mage myself but I can't tell you that.

"Yes, he was so immersed with magic that many people targeted him for his vast knowledge."

"I'm sorry for your loss..." I patted his shoulder.

"It's fine Sir Altair, it's been five years. Anyway, do you think someone could've done this?"

"I think it was the exiled Imperial Princess." I balked at his words.

Wait me?