three| red wine stain

"Are you sure I look okay?" I fidget with my white silk camisole for the hundredth time since getting out of the cab

Cece pulls us to a halt and scans me from head to toe. "All I see, and I mean ever single inch of you, is Goddamn perfection. Stop stressing out."

"You mean it?" I sigh and adjust my black miniskirt. "You aren't just saying that because we're best friends and you're morally obligated, are you?"

"Puh-lease. When have I ever held back on my opinions, November Levine?" She scoffs and loops her arm through mine.

With nothing but sheer confidence, sass and the comforting clicking of her sky-high heels, Cecilia leads us through the swanky hall of the high rise apartment building.

Every inch of this place screams wealth from the sparkly chandeliers to the wallpaper that probably costs more than my life.

There isn't one spec of dirt on the decorative console tables, no shoe print on the runner that may as well be made of hundred dollar bills and zero smudges on the dozens of mirrors that line the hall.

"I can't believe real people live in places like this." I state in awe as we continue walking, or strutting in my best friend's case, down the hall.

"Well, best start believing, sister." Cece bumps her hip into mine. "It only gets more insane on the inside. Just you wait."

I don't doubt that for one second judging solely by the way the hardwood floors shine in pristine cleanliness.

"You've been here before?"

"Oh God, no! My brother has sent me a ton of pictures but that's as far as I've gotten to this level of luxury."

I hum and follow her blindly down the long hallway.

"I don't think that Greyson's friend likes having people over all that much." She adds.

Her perfectly manicured nail, that I painted an hour before we left, shoots out and clicks the penthouse button on the shining elevator.

"If this guy hates people so much why is he hosting one hell of a party?" I ask once we've stepped inside and the doors have slid to a close.

She chuckles and adjusts the neckline of her dress lower. "Knowing my brother and his annoying ability to get you to fold like a cheap deck of cards- I'm guessing it was his doing."

Speaking about her brother, from the information Cece managed to squeeze out of him, this party is set to be an absolute rager.