fourteen | dinner

Cecilia shoves her phone in my face and watches me swipe through pictures of what I think is supposed to be her next assignment

To my untrained eyes, this scrap of fabric looks like a whole bunch of holes and glittery thread. But to Cece, this kind of thing is the crème de la crème.

She works so hard all year round making sketch after sketch of her next design and they always turn out amazing.

I just find it hard to visualise her final project when all I see is a half finished blob of material.

"So I'm thinking I could add some more gold. Maybe some rhinestones up at the top?" She says, pointing at the picture and zooming in. "I've never tried before but I could do some kind of tassel design."

I smile at her and nod encouragingly. "Yes. Yes to all of that. The vision is very Taylor Swift Fearless era and I love that."

"That's exactly what I was going for!" Cece squeals back in pure excitement.

I may not always get her and her design projects but it always makes me extremely happy to see her so upbeat and psyched to get sewing something new.

She's always my number 1 fan so it's only fair that I'm hers in return.

"You know what shoes you should make. Her-"

"Some gold high boots? Abso-fucking-lutely! I'm already hunting down a bedazzling gun."

My brows furrow slightly. "Cece, I bought you a bedazzling gun for your birthday 3 months ago. How do you already need a new one?"

"Oh, erm, about that..." She shyly casts her eyes down to the table we set up at. "I may have lost it? It was a total accident though! And I have a whole search party out. I printed posters and everything!"

"Where did you lose it?" I sigh, closing my textbook with a big thud. That fat thing is doing nothing for my brain, my mental state or my education.

"The gym. I wanted to put some cute gems on my locker, you know, that way I could scare off this bitch who likes to steal it."

Her and this lady from the gym have practically declared war on one another. It's 80% of what Cecilia talks about. "So you left it there and now it's gone missing?"

"Well, I personally think that evil witch stole it." She huffs and takes her phone from my hands. "But it doesn't matter because I will find it!"

"Cece, what would any normal person do with a bedazzling gun?"

"Well, I think we should all start bedazzling our refrigerators, obviously. " She shuffles her seat closer to mine, sending a loud squeak ringing around NYU's library. "But enough about me, I want to hear about you and Mr Tall, Dark and Handsome!"

A girl to our left glares at us fiercely for disturbing her peace but I'm a little less concerned about her and extremely concerned about how I'm going to worm my way out of Cece's questioning.