seventeen | designated drinkers

"There is no way you guys will get into that club tonight

"There is no way you guys will get into that club tonight." Aria chides, shaking the curling wand around a little too much for my liking. Especially since it's my hair wrapped around it.

Cecilia shushes her and continues to add more brushstrokes on her eyebrows. "Always so cynical, my child. Ever heard of a having a little faith?"

"Ever heard of the legal drinking age?" She bites back.

"I'm personally not familiar with that." I tell her, giggling into my glass of vodka and cranberry juice.

Ari rolls her eyes at me dramatically, pulling the curling iron away from my head and pressing the curl up so it will hold a little better.

"You guys are ridiculous."

She may only be 18 but she's certainly more mature than Cece and I put together. More logical too.

That's probably why she's currently killing it in AP physics meanwhile I was banned from even stepping foot in a lab during high school.

Funny how now I'm a trainee nurse that handles needles of drugs every dang day.

Take that, Mr Filch and your 'no Nova in the lab' rule.

"All it will take is a charming smile to the guys on the door, maybe a compliment or two, and boom! We'll be in." Cece explains, placing her eyebrow pencil back into her makeup bag.

"Worse comes to worse, Nova will flash them her tits and we'll be golden!"

My mouth drops open, a gasp following suit. "Like heck I will! Why can't you flash them?"

"You have bigger boobs than me, Nove, you're the obvious choice." She tells me like I'm stupid and jabs her finger at a snickering Ciara. "I would get Ciara to do it but she's a married woman. That's a line I will not cross."

"Well, that and the fact that I'm a breastfeeding mother. Unless those doormen want to see a breast pump, I think I'll keep my shirt on." Ciara explains, pulling her discreet pump out from her bag.

Cecilia hums in agreement as she applies her second coat of lipstick. "See? That only leaves you, Novie."

I pout in defeat, knowing full well that if it came down to it, to get us into that club, I probably will give the doormen a little show.

I'm not above using a little nudity to get what I want. Although that makes me sound a little prostitute-y...

"I really hate to be the one to stop Nova pursuing her dreams of flashing but I seriously doubt it will be necessary." Ciara snickers, looping her gold necklace around her neck.