twenty two | hate

December 31st 9:12 PM

Me: Where are you?

Goldilocks☀️: i'm busy :)

Me: Funny.
Me: Quit being a brat and just tell me, November.

Goldilocks☀️: ah ah ah
Goldilocks☀️: you have to work for that right, Mr Romano. I thought we went over this already ?

Me: And I agreed to play your silly little game
Me: You've just gotta tell me how I can win, babe

Goldilocks☀️: find me before midnight

Me: And then?

Goldilocks☀️: and then you can have me

Me: I'll see you before midnight, blondie

It's been 2 hours since she last responded to any of my text messages. 2 whole hours of me checking my phone every 4 seconds like a pathetic loser.

2 hours of me searching every room in Ciara's house, trying to spot the top of her blonde head or hear her distinctive laugh over the crowd.

Unfortunately for me and my desperate attempts, Carter and Ciara have taken this new years eve party extremely seriously.

I've never seen so many people shoved into their house. It's like they invited the entirety of New Jersey here to celebrate- plus whatever friends, family, neighbours and partners they could get their hands on.

I didn't even know Carter was that popular until tonight, the damn bastard.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?"

I stiffen at the voice intruding my search. My eyes reluctantly stop searching the bustling living room and cast down to Ciara's concerned face.

"Hm? What do you mean?"

She pushes up on her tip toes and presses the back of her hand against my forehead. "Are you sick? You haven't got a fever but you don't look... normal."

"Gee, thanks, Ci." I force out a small chuckle, wafting her worrying hand away from my face. "Way to boost a man's ego."

"Yeah, like your ego is so fragile." Jonas scoffs from my side, sipping at his beer with a random woman tucked under his arm.

"You know I didn't mean it like that." She frowns and crosses her arms over her body, her eyes scrutinising me with their glare. "Something seems off. You didn't injure yourself in that game, did you?"

I spot a flash of blonde hair go past the doorway in the corner of my eye. On instinct, I ignore Ciara and whip my head to the side, desperate to get a better view.