nine | moving day

"Is it just me," I ask Aria, dusting my hands off on my jeans

"Is it just me," I ask Aria, dusting my hands off on my jeans. "Or are all these men in baseball caps really not good for your blood pressure?"

Ari hums in agreement and sweeps her eyes across my apartment. "They're all so tall. And bulky. It's almost frightening."

"I don't know about frightening... I'm more concerned with how attractive these people are." I snicker to her, tightening the elastic on my ponytail.

"Yeah, well, who don't you find attractive?" She teases, folding my knitted throw blanket into a cardboard box.

I flick her bare shoulder and check to make sure that nobody else heard her. "That's the beauty of being pansexual, young one. I get the pick of the pack."

"Well I don't think you wanna' pick any of these oafs." Cecilia snickers as she carries a small box out of the bathroom. "They may be panty-dropping gorgeous but if my brother's anything to go by, Novie, hockey players do not make the best boyfriends."

"I don't doubt that, Cece." I mumble, my eyes catching Logan's across the room.

When he demanded that I move in with him only one day after I signed his contract, I was a little apprehensive.

Okay, a lot apprehensive.

But those nerves only skyrocketed when he told me that half of his hockey team would be helping me move out of my sweet, humble, little apartment and into his million dollar freaking penthouse.

When the doorbell rang and a flurry of 6 foot plus men strolled in, tossing their names at me like I stood any chance of remembering them, I realised that Logan had grossly overestimated the task at hand.

Mr Rich Boy clearly thought that I had a whole lot more to my name then I actually do. In all honesty, Cece, Aria and I probably had most of my boxes covered.

It would have been a struggle but it sure was possible.

Now I'm stuck with large sacks of muscles lugging around my things. Yay.

"I can't believe we aren't going to live together anymore!" Cecilia pouts, wrapping her arm around my shoulders. "Who's going to wake me up with pancakes on a Sunday and hold back my hair while I puke?"

"Jesus. Y'alls relationship is weird. Is she your best friend or your Mommy?" Ari snickers to herself and tapes up the large box labelled 'blankets'.

"Why is the spawn of satan even here?" Cece fumes to me, jabbing a thumb over her shoulder at my adopted-sister.

"Play nice, you two." I scold and sweep my eyes across the small living room filled with men. "I don't need anything else making me feel dizzy today."

"Why, what's making you feel dizzy?"

I jump in fright at the deep voice adding to our conversation. I peel open my squeezed shut eyes and grimace at Cecilia's older brother, Greyson.

Nothing ever goes my freaking way, does it?