Chapter 4

You kind of warmed up to being with 049. He wasn't that bad. 

You had come across an elevator but only went up a few floors, 049 didn't say why.

While walking you found yourself in questions again.

What was even going on?

Were you two actually going to escape?

Were you just being drug along to eventually get killed when he had the chance?

Did you even want to survive this?

"Y/N, keep your steps quiet."

You looked ahead, a group of guards had not yet noticed you.

"What are we going to do?"

"I'll figure it out."

You slowly got closer, something in you got triggered. The one part of you who still wanted to survive. It took over.

You grabbed a gun from what seemed like a recently deceased guard, probably part of their group since there were only 3 of them. You ran forward, shots firing at all of them. Some shots were fired back, one grazing your arm and another almost hitting your leg. But you triumphed in the fight. How? Well, you just got lucky I guess. You did catch them off guard. (haha, off guard... that's funny)

Your hands started to shake again as you were covered in blood. 049 stood there and watched. This side of you... he didn't know how to feel. Then he realized something was really wrong.

Once you fully realized what you had done you fell to your knees.

You had killed again.

You can never change...

Your eyes started to get watery.

"Y/N? Can you hear me? Are you alright?"

No...

"Y/N, snap out of it."

No...

"Y/N."

No...

"Y/N, look at me."

He turned your head. You stared at his eyes. Snapping out of your thoughts. 

You- kind of liked looking at his eyes...

"Are you alright?"

"Huh? Oh, I'm fine..."

"Give me your arm, you got hurt."

"It's fine, don't worry about me."

"No, you are not, give me your arm."

"I... fine..."

"You wanna tell me what just happened?" He asked as he started to inspect the wound.

"I don't really know..."

He quickly wrapped the wound in a bandage.

"How about next time we run into danger, I handle it? We don't want that happening again."

"Okay..."

You stood up as he seemed to try to decide which way to go next. You looked back at the dead men before you started walking. 

You stared ahead as you spaced out again. Realizing how hungry you were.

They barely fed you anything if at all. You remembered one D-class almost dying from starvation.

But... You were fine. It didn't matter. You go hungry all the time.

Who cares anyway?