Chapter 7

Whatever you saw still lingered in your mind.

"049? Did you see that person earlier?"

"Hmm? Oh yes, why do you ask?"

"Who... What- Why were they acting like that?"

"Well, if it explains anything, that was someone I cured. I did not take you near because it isn't necessarily safe and my work tends to get... mixed reactions from others."

"Oh..."

That could have happened to me?!

"I hope it didn't frighten you."

"No... just... curious."

"Okay."

There are a few things you really curious about.

"049? Why... do you keep me around?"

"What do you mean?"

"I'm just a problem for you... you'd be better without me."

"You are not a problem Y/N. Anything you consider a problem is out of your control. And as I said before, I enjoy your company."

"First person in a long time that has..." you whispered.

"What was that?"

"Nothing!"

You had to admit it, being around him made your life a little bearable. And he was a little funny. Well, in the sense of you just not understanding him. And him being just overall weird, but aren't we all?

At least it gave you something to stick around for. Him.

049 continued to walk ahead of you. It surprised him how uneventful it was. He got lost in his thoughts.

The first time he met you. Of course, he tried to stay professional but, there was no point. You had no disease. And well... he found it pleasing to look at you, even with that small bit of blood still present on you.

But he knew something was wrong with you. At least he knew you thought something was wrong with you.

Earlier, the incident where you killed those guards. He saw a side of you he didn't expect.

He had only known you for a few hours... Someone who seemed like they wanted to die yet killed to survive.

What made you like this?

Who made you like this?

Regaining his focus he stopped. You almost walked right into him.

"Is... something wrong?"

"I recognize this area."

"That's good, right?"

"Yes and no."

"What?!"

"Stay alert."

"I... okay."

For a long time, you walked in the silence, not a word spoken between you. So it was no surprise that the smallest noise scared you.

You short scream escaped your mouth.

"What was that?!"

049 looked around before seeming to laugh a bit. "Well, not a danger."

"What do you mean?"

"Alright Josie, come on out."

It was- a cat?

"It's... cute." 

"Yeah, she's a favorite here."

049 pet her before she walked over to you. 

"How is she alive? Her entire backside is missing."

"She is an anomaly."

"Oh yeah..."

You were never allowed to have a pet...

"Can I keep her?"

"You want to take Josie with us? I suppose as long as she is okay with it."

You picked her up and scratched her head. She seemed to not object to the action. 

"My kitty now."