𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

Strands of thin light came from the sky, A pageant of smells floated in the spring air and a horde of dandelions littered the meadow. The sound of intoning bees filled the air. Muffling winds deaden all sound in the forest and slow the billowy bells of clouds.

 The scene was spirit-refreshing and pastoral. The meadow smelled pear fresh.

sitting on the crispy grassy land with numerous flowers around I feel mellow, relaxed, calm, and unruffled.

for the past few days, all I perceived was the world's spinning, sharp heavy head throbbing, and misery.  but I somehow managed to absorb the trauma, swallowed the pain, then kicked my way slowly back to the surface.

"Hi, there (y/n).."  The gentle voice filtered in your ears.

I look nearby and spot Kakashi walking toward me.

A delighted look stretched across my face.

"hey Kakashi-Kun... " I giggle waving at him.

I have a very friendly relationship with Kakashi, he is someone I trust and know that I can share my deepest secrets.

That someone, who I can go to when having a problem. Someone who won't judge me no matter what.

"It has been a long time since we talked," Kakashi sat beside me.

"yeah.. what bring you here?" 

"I was passing by when I notice you sitting alone. I assumed you could use some company. " 

"hmm is it? or are you just seeking to avoid Gai-San?" I let out a short random laugh.

Kakashi chuckles softly, "so..what's troubling you..(Y/n).?"

"It's nothing.." I quickly let my gaze drop.

"I know you well enough to sense your emotions.. so tell me what happened." he gave a gentle pat on my back.

 My eyes did not lift, not even for a second. open and close my mouth several times trying to form the right words as Kakashi waited for me to speak.

Taking a deep breath I look at him. "Kai and I broke up." 

"He doesn't deserve you..(y/n)"

the atmosphere was convent quiet. Fluffy fleeces of cloud passed over the forest. Bilberries and chanterelles adorn the ground, questing for sunlight. The forest aroma was fresh and organic.

"Kakashi-Kun...Why does it hurt when you leave someone you love?" My question interrupted the silence.

It was clearly one of those weaponized sentences that get flung out to hurt.

"because you feel a sense of loss; a loss of trust, a loss of the person you thought they were, a loss of the happy memories you have of them, a loss of the future you saw with them... " Kakashi answered in a calm, unhurried voice.

"every time someone does something, no matter how big and small, I can't shake the feeling that everything is going to repeat.." My words were bracing a slap on the face.

"life is unpredictable. not everything is in our control. but as long as we’re with the right person, we can handle anything. You might struggle a lot on the way. You might lose yourself time after time. But you can always come back. "

"will I ever find the right person?" I uttered.

"I think as you grow older, you look for very different things in people. Honesty. Loyalty. Respect. But most of all, you look for someone who will stand right by your side when the walls start crumbling down and the fires rage within. They are right there, and at that moment, you know they've got you. everybody has a soulmate. Oh and the last thing... You deserve someone who will make your blood stir. You deserve to be deliriously happy. It's okay to be patient. It's okay to wait for that. You're waiting for the best and that's nothing to be ashamed of.⁣"

The pounding of my heart overtook reality, I was taken back by Kakashi's words. a feeling of optimism and anticipation about a positive future bloomed within. 

A smile appeared on my lips.

"Thank you...that's just what I needed to hear" I gave him a goofy smile.

Kakashi chuckles softly and ruffles my hair. His chuckle was infectious and I couldn’t help but giggle too.

Sasuke POV.

"Welcome back, looks like the mission ended quicker than I ex-

"How is (y/n) doing?" Sasuke asks interrupting naruto.

"Uh.. She's alright."

"Here's the mission report. Did you find a place for her yet?" Sasuke asks placing the report on the desk.

Naruto let out a nervous laugh "I've been a little occupied and completely forgot about it."

"Idiot."

"I have a better option for (y/n)." Naruto said clearing his throat.

"What?"

"Instead of providing her a rental apartment why not buy her a place of her own she won't be troubled with the rent.." Naruto suggested with a goofy smile.

A small smile appears on Sasuke's lips. "Finally someone is using their brain."

Naruto chuckles "I'll pay it from my pocket.."

"I'll pay half of the amount," Sasuke said nodding his head.

"You sure?" Naruto asks blinking in confusion.

"Hn."

(Y/n)

(Y/n) was endlessly crossing his mind during the entire mission.

The only reason why he rushed to return.

'I have a wife. Why am I thinking about (y/n)?'

"Still trying to make up for the time you lost with (y/n).?" Shikamaru blurt out suspiciously.

"What do you mean, Shikamaru? Sasuke cares about (y/n) as much as we do" Naruto said frowning.

"Just making sure that he is not helping (y/n) out of past guilt." Shikamaru shrug.

"I'm not. I care about (y/n) more than anything.." Sasuke repiled.

"More than your wife.?" Shikamaru asks raising a bow.

Sasuke turns around and looked over his shoulder "I believe I don't need to answer any of your stupid questions."

With that, he walked out of the office.

"More than your wife?"

Shikamaru's question echoed in his mind.

Do I?

Do I care about (y/n) more than sakura?

Is my fondness for (y/n) greater than my love for sakura..?

Do I love sakura?