𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔

The water continued flowing calmly, with no little waves to stir its smooth flow, I could smell the mosses in the water

The birds were chirping with delight, some flew over to quench their thirst and some came to sit by the stream. 

I have been avoiding sasuke after that event, I've understood that the further I stay closer the deeper I'll fall for him.

Unfortunately, the truth is that it's hard for me to do so.

Love is something that can happen no matter the circumstances of the situation.

Love is an extremely intense force that can bring two strangers together and create sheer happiness and joy;

however, under certain circumstances, love can be remarkably dangerous.

like falling in love with a married man is dangerous.

One week.

It's been one week since I severed our bond.

feeling drained. Not an ounce of energy was left in the body.

Every day, I struggled my best to suppress the feeling.

In the end, I have accepted that no matter what, it's going to hurt. I can't make it un-hurt or make it hurt less. It going to take as long as it takes and I have to suck it up.

I had accepted a lot of work in the past few days, which actually did help me to stay occupied and It operated as a distraction.

"Hello."

The familiar voice yanks me back to my presence.

"Gaara? I-I mean Kazekage sama.."

I utter noticing the familiar green eyes and short auburn hair man standing a few steps away from me.

"Please address me as Gaara, (y/n)."

"So, what brings you to hidden leaf? some meeting perhaps?"

Gaara shook his head "no, just an occasional visit to meet everyone."

"Nice."

"You seem troubled by something, (y/n)."

"No, I'm just exhausted."

"It's been ages since we had any sort of conversation, care to join me for a walk?"

"Uh... I'm sorry but I-"

"Please, I insist."

"Alright."

Despite his history of cruelty and young age during his ascent to Kazekage, Gaara attains the love of his people by showcasing his idealism, compassion, and willingness to reform himself.