𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓

Morning brought the peace of a warm sunny day to the hidden leaf village. I'm walking towards the village gate,

The layer covering the atmosphere had an aura of brightness as the light flickered through it and reached the surface of Earth, making it a bit scorching. The sun finding its way from the horizon to the summit of the sky pierced its lucid sunlight to the people which made their faces plastered with an eerie glow, squinting eyes.

"Oi Sasuke..sorry I'm late!"

"Hn... it's about damn time.." 

"hey! I'm just a few minutes late.."

Sasuke chuckles softly, His chuckle was infectious and I couldn't help but giggle too.

"let's start moving..." Sasuke said walking away.

"Alright! I'm so excited for this mission!" I squeal and cheer.

"Why? is it because I'm with you~?" Sasuke tease.

"s-shut up.." I blush looking away.

The expanse of trees ahead of me was never-ending. Or probably I thought so. The deep forest looks like a hub of greenery with leaves falling on solid ground. Some trees are aged with creaking branches, some are young with a smooth one. A gentle breeze engaged the leaves in dancing with its tune. Birds were chirping and twittering in their own unique way.

As he walked forward, I can see a ray of light penetrating through a thick blanket.

the forest gave a raw and earthy smell. It seemed as if the gentle drops of rain rinsed the forest and changed it into a more alive one.

suddenly I notice a herd of deers in a distance.

"psshh! Sasuke.. look herd of deers.." I whisper struggling to restrain the excitement.

Sasuke looks at them and smiles "those are not regular deers (y/n)..."

"huh? what do you mean?" I question tilting my head quizzically.

"those deers are unique and rare ones, considered sacred messengers of the kami according to the ancient history, only a few have seen them this close" Sasuke explains as the herd disappeared into the forest.

"Wow..! I guess we got fortunate.."

"let's just continue walking, it will take us two days to reach our destination.." Sasuke said.

I nod in response and walk next to him, the mind was engulfed with negative thoughts. shivers creep through my body, by thinking about the mission.

what kind of poison are enemies applying?

what if I couldn't find the antidote on time?

 Forcing myself to regain my senses, I gaze up at Sasuke. 

'he sure has changed..a lot, I feel happy around him..it's so weird..'

~sasuke POV~

Sasuke just can't stop stealing glances from her, 

she makes me feel a way that I can only describe as seeing sunlight after days of rain. It makes me feel less alone when she's around.'

Sasuke and (y/n) walk out of the thick forest into the meadow.

Sasuke smiled as he notices (y/n) eyes sparkle, admiring the scene in front. The scent of the dandelion wafted through the air,  A dandelion's nimble body danced in the wind like a ballerina.

"Can we rest here for a bit?"

Sasuke rolls his eyes "fine..go knock yourself out"

"thank you!!" 

~(y/n) POV~

I remove the sandals and walk on the summer green grass. Inhaling a scent reminiscent of hay and vanilla I feel free like all the care and suffering have disappeared within.

"This place is so beautiful,"

"I know.."

"you know dandelions have several meanings.." 

"Really? I assumed they were just dumb flowers.." 

" some say Dandelion means healing from emotional pain and physical injury. some say dandelion expresses optimism, hope, and dreams that come true. others believe that dandelion seeds will carry your thoughts and dreams to loved ones when you blow them into the air." I explained holding a dandelion.

"love ones huh?" Sasuke muttered.

"I know your history Sasuke... I didn't mean to spoil the mood. it must be kind of lonely for you." 

"I'm used to it. I've been lonely my whole life."

"I know what you mean...Sasuke. the sad part is that nobody gets it that being lonely is not a hobby, we don't do it by choice.  loneliness finds us when the people we once trusted the most are not around anymore. when our likes and dislikes start bothering them, they stop understanding our feelings and suddenly we are not a part of their life anymore." 

after relaxing for a bit Sasuke broke the silence.

"(y/n)... Tsuyoi Kizuna is a Japanese word that translates to 'strong bond', and perhaps at some point, we all have felt that with someone. once in a while, you just click with people. and you don't know why, you don't realize what it is, but something about that person makes you smile. Tsuyoi Kizuna is about finding a connection in life." 

"and why are you telling me this?" I look at him with a puzzled expression.

"because you and I share Tsuyoi Kizuna..." Sasuke smiled standing up.

butterfly erupted inside my stomach, and my cheeks felt warm. 

"in a universe where everything works mysteriously, you're my partner in this journey, I trust you, and if the world abandons me, you will still be there, for better or worse." 

"Good.. now move your ass.. we have a village to save.." 

I look in his direction and learn that Sasuke was already walking away from the meadow.

"OI! wait for me!!"