Safe Place

So I got inspired by episode 4x14 and how everyone views Spelivia on social media. But after reading 4x17, it's got my mind flowing.

For the past few months, it's been feeling like a roller coaster of changes. Yes, change is good, sometimes. It depends on your outlook on change and its effectiveness in one's life, especially in relationships when they are tested. And the test was definitely about to begin in Spelivia's relationship. They had already been tested a few times, but now they were about to really be tested.

Coop: (walking into the kitchen) Good morning.

Spencer: (reading playbook) What's up?

Coop: (grabbing OJ) I know you're not still reading that playbook.

Spencer: Got to be ready at all times.

Coop: (pours juice) Aren't you on the special team? Isn't everything working out how you want it to? The coach is finally realizing your talent.

Spencer: That might be the cause, but I'm trying to return to that field for more than just a few minutes of practice.

Coop: That's better than nothing.

Olivia: Morning. (Walking into the kitchen)

Coop: (sips juice) What's up, Liv.

Olivia: (pours coffee) I see you're rereading your playbook.

Spencer: Got to be ready at all times, baby.

Olivia: I know, but could you break from the playbook? At this point, you know that book front to back. (Sips coffee) You even went to bed reading that playbook.

Spencer: (looks at her) Is that a problem?

Olivia: No, but you're overworking yourself, babe. That's all I'm saying. Just keep showing up and showing Coach Garret your talent, and your official time will come.

Coop: I agree with Liv. Spence, everyone knows that you have the talent. Even that jackass of a coach knows it. He's just testing you.

Spencer: (sighs) I want to be prepared when I get to prove myself again. I don't want another mishap like the first game.

Olivia: You're human. I promise you that your time is coming very soon. Since we both have the whole day free, we spend it not worrying about football or outside distractions.

Spencer: (smiles) Okay.

Olivia: (smiles) Great.

Coop: I got to run, but I'll catch y'all later. (Grabs an apple and walks away)

Spencer: (gets up) (wraps arms around Liv's waist) So what is the plan for today?

Olivia: Since we have the house, I'm thinking of one of our Spence and Liv movie marathons.

Spencer: (chuckles) We haven't had one in a minute.

Olivia: No, we haven't. It's been a minute since we were somewhat able to have a date. (Wraps arms around his neck)

Spencer: True. This is much needed on one time for us.

Olivia: (nods) No distractions. Deal? (Holding out pinky)

Spencer smiles and wraps his pinky around hers as they do their signature pinky handshake kiss. One-on-one time together was very much needed—no articles, football, friends, or family to distract them from reconnecting.

Spencer: So what's the first movie we're going to watch?

Spelivia: Girls Trip.

Olivia: (giggles) I'll get the snacks. (Pulls away)