Walk Away Pt. 2

Author's Note: The song in the cover, Personal by Jessie J is definitely one of my favors. I listened to this several times and it made me connect with how Olivia's feeling about her relationship. Last time Spencer left the ball in her court. So let's see what she's going to do. Enjoy!! By the way listen to the song!

Olivia's confinement to her room was over. Even if it wasn't, she was going to end it soon as possible. There was a conversation that she needed to have. Well a couple of conversations she needed to have, but this was an important one.

Olivia: Thanks for meeting me.

Christel: I'm here so what's this about?

Olivia: I wanted to talk about the story that I'm doing over GAU's head football coach, I don't think I can do it anymore.

Christel: Not this again Olivia. I'm counting on you to get that story done. Do you know how big this could be for your career at the Tribune?

Olivia: I do. Trust me. But I can't afford doing this story and hurting the ones around me.

Christel: I get that, but this is a ground breaking story.

Olivia: I don't think you do. No disrespect, but this story and the Wade story has affected me a lot mentally. It's put strains on my relationships. Caused me to hurt those I love. I can't go through that again.

Christel: I understand that, but this is apart of being a journalist. It comes with some sacrifices. All of this is apart of the game.

Olivia: Is it? Because I thought being a journalist meant exposing the truth at any cost, but not the cost where you lose yourself in the story. I've lost myself in this whole thing. I get up and sometimes I don't even know who I am anymore. Or why I'm even chasing a story. I've become more secretive, untrustworthy, and closed off. That's not who I am. And it's not who I want to become.

Christel: I respect your honesty. Truly I do. Not too many would express how stressful a story can be on their personal lives. I should have considered what this could have possibly done to you. And the effects it would have. I apologize for asking you to be standing in between a rock and a hard place.

Olivia: I didn't want to let you down. I know you expect a lot out of me. (Sighs) I just can't go forward with this story knowing I'm not in the correct head space. I don't even think I was in the right head space over NIL or even including Wade Waters to that story. I took on more than what I'm actually ready for I guess.

Christel: You're ready for it Olivia. You're a brilliant writer and you have a way with words. If I didn't believe that, I wouldn't have took a chance on you. You have the ability to change the world. I believe that. You've proven to me how great you are by your unmasking article. There's no doubt in my mind about your talent.

Olivia: Does this mean I'm back to where I started?

Christel: You're far from where you started. (Smiles) I see no reason to demote you for your honesty.

Olivia: If you don't mind me getting personal for a minute, I would like to ask a question.

Christel: I'm all ears.

Olivia: Have you ever been too career driven and it gets in the way of your personal life? Especially your love life. How do you manage that? Did you walk away from one because you wanted both, but something had to be sacrificed? Or did you somehow find the right balance?

Christel: I take it that you can't seem to find the right balance.

Olivia: Obviously I can't. My relationship is hanging by a thread and I feel like I'm the cause of it.