For Anyone Pt.4

Okay I'm Going Back To My Old Style Of Writing!! I get lost sometimes when I'm writing a lot of characters.

Grace: Here you go baby.

She sat a piping hot plate of Mac and cheese in front of him. His mouth watered in anticipation to dig in.

Spencer: Thanks Ma.

Grace smiled as she took a seat watching her son. Sipping her coffee, she observed him demeanor and giddy behavior. Since stepping foot inside the home, he has been a ball full of sunshine.

Grace: I'm glad you were able to stop by. You keep skipping out on our dinner dates. Think you trying to replace me. (Sips)

Spencer chuckles and wipes his mouth onto the napkin. He knew exactly what direction this conversation was going.

Spencer: Sorry. Just been busy here lately.

Grace: Mhmm. So how is Miss. Olivia?

Spencer: She's good. (Takes a bite)

Grace: Much time you've been spending with her, I thought I would have met her by now. What you trying to do....hide her from me?

Spencer: You'll meet her soon. I promise.

Grace: When?

Spencer: Soon.

Grace: If you're worried about me disliking her then you might as well stop. I can't dislike her until I meet her.

Spencer: Ma!

Grace: I'm just playing boy. Look I already like her and I haven't met her. The way she got you chocolate blushing around here. 

Covering his face to keep from blushing in front his mother. He didn't have no doubt about Grace not liking Olivia. He was just worried about how Olivia would feel about meeting his mother so soon into their relationship.

Spencer: I'll talk to her. I don't want to spring meeting you onto her.

Grace: Have you met her parents?

Spencer: Naw. But her dad is Billy Baker.

Grace: Billy Baker....Billy Baker.....that name sounds so familiar.

Spencer: He's from Crenshaw. Basically a freaking legend.

Grace: That Billy Baker.

Spencer: Yes that Billy Baker. Why you say it like that?

Grace: I went to school with Billy. Even dated him.

Spencer: What?!

Grace: Yes but that was high school.

Spencer: Was it a bad breakup or something? Cause how you said his name sounds like you don't like him.

Grace: I just don't like the fact he turnt his back on his community once he went pro. He damn near forgot where he came from. That's why I'm glad I raised you right.

Spencer: You can't hold that against him forever.

Grace: Yeah I probably can't but doesn't mean I forget.

Spencer: So there's no bad blood or anything I should know about you and him?

Grace: None what so ever.

Spencer: Good. Don't need this affecting my relationship.

Grace: My Relationship (giggles). You sound so happy saying that.