Hurricane Liv: Friendsgiving (sneak peek)

Romance can be defined in some ways. It's an emotion, an action word. In this household, it was something that happened pretty much every day. Candlelight illuminated the setup. Scattered rose petals across the bed and floor symbolize the ambiance for the evening. The nightstand sat with two tall champagne flutes of sparkling cider. Chocolate strawberries are reserved for a sweet treat through the night. Soulful R&B slow jams serenade the bedroom.

The chocolate figure stood in the mirror, rubbing the last bit of oil on his bare chest and staring at his reflex. Giving himself a mini pep talk about tonight's plans. Tonight was all about pure romance with no commercial interruptions.

"Spencer." Her sweet angelic voice floated towards the bathroom.

"Coming, baby." Flexing one last time. His mouth watered in anticipation at the beautiful creature in front of him. Her natural curls and light makeup set off the baby doll lingerie she was wearing. Besides how incredibly sexy she looked, what took her appearance over the top was the natural glow from pregnancy that radiated off her skin.

The last six months had been hectic, with emphasis on hectic. Between the off-season, the start of the season, and preparing for the baby, it seemed like time was constantly passing them by. It also didn't help that Olivia's work schedule had become very chaotic. With maternity leave just around the corner, work had become overwhelming. But tonight wasn't about football, journalism, or baby preparation. Tonight was about them and for them.

"I look silly, don't I?" He stood with his mouth gaping at the sight of her. "I'll go change."

He quickly drew his hand to her elbow. His firm hold pulled Olivia into his fiery embrace. Tracing her jawline, tilting her chin.

"You look absolutely gorgeous."

"You're just saying that because of my big ole belly." Shyly looking down.

"Naw." "Lifting her chin, looking straight into her eyes. "Olivia Baker James, you look sexy as hell. The big ole belly is just a plus."

Liv giggles and blushes away. Drawing his lips into her. He wrapped his arms around her waist the best he could. Taking the opportunity of lifting her off the ground and carrying her to the bed and hovering his body over hers, kissing every inch of her, and leaving extra kisses on her belly for their baby. There was no absolute need to rush tonight. The two feed each other chocolate-covered strawberries. Kissing away any evidence of strawberry juices or chocolate.

"To Us." Spencer declared, clinking his glass against hers.

"I must say, Mr.James, you're pulling out all the stops tonight. Chocolate strawberries, roses, music, sparkling cider, a foot massage."

"There's no.....I see what you did there." Smirking at his wife, taking their glasses. He returned from the bathroom with oil in hand. "You plan on taking full advantage of me tonight, don't cha?"

Olivia bit her lip and nodded. Spencer started slowly rubbed away the ache of her feet. She moaned out in pleasure at the sensational feeling. His lips connected, kissing every single toe. Her giggles filled the room. Olivia James loved a man who catered to every single one of her needs. And Spencer James was just that man. Knowing what she needed before she had the chance to say.

"That feels so good, baby." Rubbing up and down his forearm.

"What about this?" He trailed his hand up to her inner thigh. Gently massaging her thigh. The heat between her legs could be felt without him having to touch. She melted into another world. He inched his way closer to her treasure.

"Spencer."

"What you need, ba-"

Spencer paused in the midst of foreplay. Thinking he had done a great job of putting his phone on do not disturb.

"It's JJ."

"Ignore it and call back later."

Olivia was eager to have every part of her man. Nothing and no one was going to stop the mission she was on.

"Now you know JJ is going to blow me up until I answer."

"And I'm going to blow up if I don't get what I want. You don't want to disappoint me, do you?" Playing a dangerous game, she nipped away at his ear. Tugging his ear lobe between her teeth and seductively whispering in his ear.

"You think you're cute, don't you?"

"Is it working?"

"Hell yeah." Spencer tossed his phone back onto the nightstand. Wasting no time to make love to his beautiful wife and inching his way down to devour. Another interruption came.

"Don't you dare answer the phone."

"Babe, it must be an emergency for him to call again."

"My emergency is more significant than his, so he'll have to wait until I'm fully cured."

"Liv"

"Spencer James, I'm warning you."

"If I answer, he won't call again. That means he won't interrupt us again. Just let me see what he needs. It won't even be five minutes."

Rolling her eyes and shifting her body to her side of the bed.

"JJ, you better have a good reason for calling me."

"I do."

"You got thirty seconds top."

"You know how I was going to host Friendsgiving at my place this year?"

"No, I didn't know."

"Oh. Well, I somehow flooded my place after this crazy under-the-sea party I hosted. So you and Liv will be hosting Friendsgiving this year."

"JJ, you can't just say me and Liv are hosting Friendsgiving. Besides, I can't agree to it without checking with my wife."

"And she's going to say yes. So look, I already handled inviting everyone. You just have to prepare dinner. Catch you later, bro."

Spencer was once again astonished at JJ's shenanigans. They haven't done Friendsgiving since their senior year of high school.

"That damn JJ. You won't believe" Olivia had tied down her hair and was working on blowing out candles. "What are you doing? And when did you even-"

"You'll have to use baby lotion to fix your problem. Since I can't get any without interruptions, then you're not getting any." Tossing back the comfort, dipping inside.

"So much for a romantic night," Spencer muttered, lying beside Olivia.

"What did you say?"

"I said goodnight, baby. Love you." Spencer looked up at the ceiling, thinking of ways to kill JJ.

Just a little sneak peek to hold you guys. Maybe I'll have it done tonight or tomorrow. I've been eating and napping on and off lol. From my family to yours, Happy Thanksgiving 🦃🍁!! There is so much to be thankful for even though it doesn't feel like it at times. Safe Holidays Loves ❤️