His/Her Heart (pt.2 of Warm Embrace)

How Many Anthony Hamilton Fans Do I Have 🙋🏽‍♀️??? Was listening to this song and it gave great inspiration for part two!!! Listen to the song and hear the lyrics and you will understand what I mean. 🥰😘

Silk sheets enveloped the young lovers after their night of love making. Comforting snores of his soothed her as she traced her fingers up and down his chest. Letting loose a small sigh from thinking. Her thoughts ran through her mind.

So many questions. Would he regret last night? Am I regretting last night? How do we move past everything that's transpired the last few months? Does he regret being with me?

Regret. A typical word that's been playing a part in her life. One word that had sewin itself to her vocabulary. Reflecting upon every event that has lead up to this very break, Olivia could certainly say she only regretted not being open and honest enough. She found it hard to know that someone truly has your back.

In the past she's been let down. Olivia felt like a toxin to everyone around her. It's like whatever she touched, it goes left. All in true, she didn't want that to happen for Spencer's future career and she be the cause.

Removing herself quietly from Spencer's embrace. Slipping on her robe and tying a knot. Olivia did her morning hygiene and went downstairs.

"Morning Liv." Coop sat at the island munching down a bowl of cereal. Liv stopped dead in her tracks not expecting one of her roommates to be up this early.

"Morning Coop." Pouring herself a glass of orange juice. "What time did you come in last night?" Sipping juice.

"Kinda late. What you do last night?"

Shrugging her shoulders and pushing curls behind her ear. "Nothing much. Just watched a couple of movies."

Footsteps echoed off the stairs as a now woke Spencer came down the stairs placing his t-shirt over his head. Coop started to side eye the two. Olivia hide her face in embarrassment.

"What up Spence."

"Morning Coop."

"Whatcha doing here this early in the morning?" Smirking towards her best friend.

"Business."

"Clearly I see that. I'm just gone and head out." Placing her bowl in the sink leaving the two alone. Olivia ran her fingers through her hair looking up at Spencer.

"Morning." Flashing his infamous smile.

"Morning. Can I get you breakfast?"

"Naw I'm good."

"Coffee....juice....."

"I'm good Liv. Thanks." Sitting down at the island. "A busy day today?"

"No. Mostly chill." Both of them nodding their heads and looking off into the distance. Neither not knowing how to approach the other about last night.

At the same time, they simultaneously said "About last night." Both chuckling knowing just how in sync they are. "Look Liv" grabs her hand "last night meant a lot to me." Olivia nods. "I know things aren't all the way good between us but that doesn't change what I felt last night."

"So you don't regret last night?"

"I don't. Do you?"

Taking a deep breath and looking down. "I don't know what I'm feeling honestly." Spencer simply nods his head. This wasn't the response he was looking for.

"You regret it.?"

"No. Of course. Last night was amazing but it does complicate things more." Complicate things more? "How is that Liv? Us making love complicates things.?"

"Spencer we're on a break. Taking space. A lot has transpired. We both went off of emotions and didn't think logically on how this could effect where we are now."

"I agreed to the break because that's what you wanted. I ain't want this. I've been giving you space. Keeping my distance but I don't see how doing those things are fixing our problems. I'm fighting for us. Us, Olivia!"

"Are you upset right now?"

"Yeah I Am. Because for first time since this break, I was able to touch you, hold you, kiss you, make love to you. All things I've been dying to do. To be in the same space as you. You can't honestly tell me you didn't feel that last night."

She couldn't say she didn't feel anything. Olivia Baker felt every fiber of her love for Spencer James last night. She's been feeling it since that destine day in Biology.

"I just don't want to com-"

"Don't say that word anymore."

"We took this break to work on ourselves as individuals. Now after last night we're just to pick back up like nothing has happened? It doesn't work like that."

"Why can't it work like that? I'm fighting for you, us! So why can't we pick back up?"

"I don't want to ruin things for you Spencer. Look at what damage I did with pursuing the NIL story, Wade. Look at how it effected our relationship, my mental state. I'm just a toxin."

Shaking his head disagreeing with her statement. "Don't do that. Don't say that."

"Be honest Spencer. I tend to ruin things for anyone close to me for my need of a story."

"Yeah that maybe true. But you do realize how resilient you are. And you're not afraid to do what's right not matter what. If you're hiding from me because you're afraid you'll ruin my dreams then stop. Walking away from me is what's killing my dream of our future. I meant it when I said I will always have your back. Always Liv. No ands, ifs, buts about it."

She stood there completely silenced. Taking that as his answer, Spencer nodded his head. In a swift moment he was gone leaving her there in her thoughts.

"I left my phone." Breaking Liv out of her thoughts. Spencer grabbed his phone and headed straight for the door. "Spencer wait."

"What now Olivia." Sighing and turning to face her.

"You have no idea how hard this has been for me." Furry stirred in his nostrils. "Like it's been easy for me! Because it hasn't been Liv!"

"I just want what's best for you."

"You're what's best for me! Can't you see that or you just too damn blind?! Has every bad thing that's happened to you, blinded you from real love and support?!"

"Spencer-"

"I can't keep fighting for us. Not alone." Clutching his heart. "I've been putting in the work since day one. I've been holding us together. I can't keep doing this alone Olivia. What's it going to be? Are you going to fight for us and put in the work? Or just throw it all away? Cause I ain't going to continue to put my heart out here on the line if we're not getting nowhere."

"You've always been patient with me. Even at times I thought I didn't deserve it. I've loved you since day one and I don't want to stop." Grabbing a hold of his face. "I want to do what it takes to have you Spencer. Whatever it takes to let you know I'm all in and I'm not going anywhere. I promise. Just tell me what I need to do."

"Just trust me Liv. That's all. Believe I always got your back no matter what. That's the only way we're going to work if you just fully understand I'm here through good and bad. Just be real."

"I promise. I just don't never want to lose y-"

"Hey. Hey. Hey. I love you."

"I love you too."

Cause her heart, her heart wont let me lose her
No matter how hard I try
I just cant say goodbye and lose her

I might possibly added a little more to this later but for now I'm satisfied with it. I promised an update so I'm delivering!!! Enjoy!!! Excuse any grammar errors or mistakes. I love you guys bunches if y'all didn't know that already 🥰❤️