Chapter 8

😗sorry for any mistakes

Brooklyn, New YorkJuly 25th Wednesday

Brooklyn, New York
July 25th
Wednesday

"I can't Chelsea. I already have to fix the 5 dresses you gave me last week before the end of the deadline next week" Zaniyah stressed, walking away from Chelsea who kept begging for her to take on more work.

She was already working on a client's bridesmaid dresses. Which was already stressing her out since the bride was a bridezilla. It was annoying her and Chelsea trying to put more on her was even more annoying.

"Niyah this is a high-profile client. I don't have time for you to be lazy!" Chelsea followed her into the workspace that she and Iyanna shared.

Iyanna rolled her eyes while patching up a hole on the jacket. She just got annoyed being in Chelsea's presence.

Niyah scoffed, putting the fabric on the table, and turned around to look at her crazily. "Me? Me lazy when all you do is dump your responsibility on everyone else?" She questioned, she was so tired of Chelsea's bullshit and how inconsiderate she was.

Fashion is Niyah's passion and she does it because of her love for it and not just a check but Chelsea was making her hate it. She was turning her passion into a sweatshop.

"Excuse me? Do you know who your ta— Chelsea, you have a call on line 1. They say it's really important," Chelsea's assistant interrupted, then winked at Niyah. Niyah sent her a small smile, thankful she was about to get her out of her face.

Chelsea huffed and pointed her finger in Niyah's face "This isn't over, little girl. You betta' watch who you talkin' to next time or you're fired" She said aggressively only for Niyah to roll her eyes when she walked out with her assistant behind her.

One thing about New York people is they talked with a lot of aggression and it pissed Niyah off. She hated being talked to like she wouldn't pop someone in their mouth.

"I hate it here" Niyah huffed, plopping down on the black color couch they had in the room. "Same. She's lucky this is her company or I would have been put in a complaint" Yanna shook her head, standing to her feet and going to the table where Niyah placed the blue fabric.

Niyah's right leg bounced up and down as she looked up at the white ceiling, trying to calm herself down. Since the pregnancy, she tries to control her emotions the best she could since she didn't want to be labeled as that annoying crying pregnant lady.

But in her opinion, since she's been pregnant, she felt like everyone kept testing her and pushing at her buttons.

It was highly annoying and some days she just wanted to break down and cry. But she tried her hardest not to.