Chapter 18

😗sorry for any mistakes

Brooklyn, New YorkFebruary 14thWednesday

Brooklyn, New York
February 14th
Wednesday

Sage's story

Send a message:

Send a message:

"Thankkk you! They're so cute!" Novah gushed over facetime with the biggest smile on her face. Sage chuckled at the excitement in her voice as he put the scrambled eggs on the plate.

"Did you try em' on?" He asked, putting the turkey bacon on the plate and referring to the Skims outfits he got her for valentine's day. He was glad they came on time, they really got to her yesterday but he told her not to open the package until today. He was glad she listened.

He loved hearing and seeing the happy reaction.

"I don't need to! They're my size and you can't take them back"

Sage laughed again, carefully putting a scoop of cheesy grits on the plate "Ma and Mimi went to the massage already?" He asked, looking at the camera. Even with him being more than 1000 miles away, he still made sure to spoil his little sister, mom, and grandma on valentine's day.

Especially his sister.

He was the main male figure in her life growing up. When he got drafted and moved to Brooklyn, he couldn't lie and say he didn't get caught up in his own world. So focused on his career and Amber at the time, that he stopped being there for Novah. He stopped calling and texting her like they used to and it put a dent in the close brother and sister relationship they had.

It took his mom calling him to tell him how Novah was going through a depressive stage in her life for him to get this shit together. He may not visit home as often but he still makes sure to check in on her every other day. Send her gifts or just simple messages about how much he appreciated her and cared for her.

He didn't like making her feel less important in his life. He made sure over the past few years he made up for it the best he could.

"Yeah. Momma was so excited, she basically jumped out of the house when the car you sent for them came." Novah chuckled "Is Niyah there? I wanted to tell her happy birthday"