Chapter 14

😗sorry for any mistakes

Brooklyn, New YorkSeptember 11th Monday

Brooklyn, New York
September 11th
Monday

"Nini, you're confusing me. You told me you didn't like him" Yanna frowned, in front of the camera as they were on facetime.

"I didn't but over time I started to like him but didn't want to accept it. But that was after I told you I didn't like him. I was really confused" Niyah shrugged, popping a green grape in her mouth as she stood over the counter of Sage's kitchen.

"I jus' didn't tell you because I was confused and didn't want to keep telling you one thing and tell you another. You know?" She smiled, Yanna laughed and shook her head.

"Now I see how you felt when I was goin' through this wit' Ty. Very confusing" She said and Niyah nodded in agreement. Realizing feelings was just so confusing, she wished it was as easy as people always made it seem.

"So y'all date now? Not my girl a girlfriend againnn. It's givin' these hoes gon' be maddd" She teased, Niyah busted out laughing, knowing only one hoe that will really be mad.

Which is Amber. Surprisingly, she hadn't popped up as of lately. The last time anyone heard of her was when she burst the window out of Sage's car windows a month or two back. She still tries to get in contact with him over Instagram but he blocks every new page she makes.

Sometimes it's hard to trust that he won't entertain her for Niyah. But she always tried instead of jumping to silly conclusions that be in her head.

"Yeah but we gon' keep it lowkey for a while. You kno' how folks gon' be since he jus' got outta a relationship" Niyah rolled her eyes. She was not really for when she and Sage go public and people start to insert themselves into her business.

But that's what it came with dating a professional athlete. She had to accept it sadly but that didn't mean she liked it.

"That wasn't a damn relationship. I'on kno' what it was but it wasn't a relationship." Yanna scoffed, and Niyah agreed but to the public, it was since they didn't know the details of Amber and Sage's relationship.

"But aren't these so cute? Nobody ever asked me to be thea' girlfriend befo' " Niyah pouted, picking up the vase of pink roses that Sage got her. He asked her to be his girlfriend the same day they had their serious talk. He went out and bought her flowers, white chocolate-covered strawberries, and a cute little card. It was so cute to Niyah, of course, she cried like a baby.

She felt so special.

"Aww, my baby is growin' up" Yanna pouted "Say cheese"

"Cheeeseeee" Zaniyah smiled, holding the bouquet of pink roses that were in a vase close to her face while Yanna took a facetime screenshot.

"Aww, now pop a li' tittes" She smirked, making googly eyes at her. Niyah laughed loudly, putting the vase down.

"You sound like Jojo now. Shouldn't your lunch break be over now?" She questioned, standing up straight and grabbing her phone from it, and standing up against a random box.