𝟏 - 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐀𝐋

**PLEASE NOTE: During the time this was written, nothing about Alhaitham's character besides his character design was released

Hi. Nice to meet you.

I'm just an average person working a normal job at a normal company. Sure, I might show more interest than some of my colleagues, but that's mostly due to their shortcomings rather than my talents. I didn't exactly expect my ultra-famous boss to call me up to his office, much less propose a fake-marriage plan to me of all people. So when my day started off, I had no idea what was waiting for me at the office.

"(Y/n)!" my manager, Sandy, called out to me. I glanced up at her to see that she was plaintively aggravated at me. "Mr. Alhaitham wishes to see you in his office. Now."

"Right now? Miss, I'm in the middle of speaking to a client–"

"NOW!" she snapped. "I'll handle the customer as needed."

Sandy was incredibly strict and cutthroat, especially with me. I applied for this job hoping that it would be a nice change of pace from my other dreary workplaces, but it was even worse. Hardly a word was spoken amongst us while she was there, causing most mornings to just be filled with the quiet murmur of us receptionists and the clacking of a keyboard. Well, it's not like she's that important anyways.

Mr. Alhaitham was the boss of the company I worked at, holding an extremely high reputation amongst civilians. He mostly gained this respect through his title 'The Ideal Husband,' a rumor that had spread around about his extremely doting and caring nature towards his wife, unlike his normally stoic exterior. I wasn't particularly interested in ever coming face-to-face with him due to this reputation. On the few occasions in which I had managed to catch a glimpse of him, he had been extremely intimidating.

"(Y/N)!!!" Sandy practically screamed. "GO! NOW!"

"A-ah, yeah," I bowed to her and quickly headed to the elevator.

The company Alhaitham founded was sort of akin to matchmaking services that you often see around. Although we didn't personally set up the relationships, the job of the employees was to plan and execute the perfect wedding per clients' requests. If you make a mistake or your review falls below three stars, you are promptly removed from the company entirely. These 'rules' were extremely strict and borderline over-the-top, but I understood why they existed– on top of that, the pay was incredibly good.

I let myself get lost in thought and before I knew it, the elevator had arrived at its destination. The thirteenth floor, a.k.a. Alhaitham's office. I gulped. I can't think of anything that I've done recently that's worthy of such a meeting... But what if he plans on firing me?!
Panic began to rise in my chest as I slowly knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" a deep voice answered from inside.

"(Y/n), sir. I've been told that you asked for me to come here."

Alhaitham didn't answer for a few seconds, but finally, he said, "Yes. Come in."
I cautiously opened the door and stepped inside. In front of me was a polished office with minimal decor, nothing more than a couch and a few chairs for guests to sit on and his very own desk. I had never seen my boss up close before, so I found myself feeling a little flustered by his almost godly-like physical appearance.

He had an extremely well-chiseled face with striking green eyes and smooth gray hair, his stare held so much authority that I had the natural instinct to shrink back. I fought it off and instead attempted to face him with my head held high (well, high enough anyway). He was clad in an ebony suit with a tie to match. He's definitely a catch... his wife is a lucky woman if his 'Ideal Husband' status is legitimate. He looks just like an otome game love interest.

"You must be a bit frazzled due to the fact I called you in so abruptly," he stared at me calmly, his gaze flitting over me as if to assess my every move, "but rest assured, I am not here to patronize you. The reason you've been called here contains no negative connotations."

I let out an internal sigh of relief. I almost thought my job was at risk there...

"I would like to clarify with you that everything said in this room will stay in this room. If you spread private information around, this company will pursue legal action," he spoke as if going through a list of rules on a contract, 'X'ing off each one as he went along. "That runs both ways, of course. I expect that as we are both a part of the same team, you will cooperate."

I dipped my head. "I understand. I swear that I will not tell anyone what is said here." But what does he mean by being on the same team?

He nodded and folded his slender fingers together, settling them on the desk as he stared at me. "Now, onto the reason why I called you here."

Lifting a piece of paper in front of him and sliding it across the desk toward me, he stared at me as if ordering me to take it.

"I'm sure that you've heard that I'm the so-called 'Ideal Husband,' correct? People even publicized it to a point where it's capitalized as if it were an actual title." He sighed and stared at me dead in the eyes. "Well, some complications on the matter are beginning to arise. If you are willing to assist me with this, I will reimburse you by paying you three times the amount you're normally paid."

"T-Three times?!" I couldn't help but exclaim. Now this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! No matter what the job was, so long as it didn't have to do with committing murder, I didn't mind.

"So that's why, in short, I'd like to propose this to you," my boss slid a sheet of paper towards me. "I am aware that you can see the benefits for you in terms of economics, however, it will require several sacrifices in your daily life that will be hard to adjust to."

I looked down at the paper in front of me, feeling my jaw drop as I saw the contents that were contained within it.

'Alhaitham's Makeshift Wife Project.'

"Huh?" I looked up at him, waiting for the punchline to assure me this was all a joke. But it never once came.

"Please think it over and let me know your decision."

"HUUUUUH?!"

A/N: hope you all enjoy this fanfic! its my first time writing something like this, so im excited! hope you all are enjoying your summer :)

EDITED (✓)