𝟒𝟎 - 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐊 𝐘𝐎𝐔

The reporters moved incredibly fast—before the end of the day an article had already been published speculating that Alhaitham had a personal relationship with me

The reporters moved incredibly fast—before the end of the day an article had already been published speculating that Alhaitham had a personal relationship with me. The main issue that stood out to me was the fact that rather than pinning me as his potential wife, they were labeling me as his mistress.

    This is bad. If Alhaitham was found to have a mistress it would completely destroy his reputation. It would've been far better if they had simply labeled me as his possible wife, but now the situation would quickly spiral out of control.

    I paused the otome game I was currently playing and reached out for my phone to contact Alhaitham. So long to the dream of having a day to relax after being discharged... I sent him a quick message asking if we could discuss this matter when he got home, to which he instantly responded in compliance.

    While I was waiting for him, I surfed on the web and looked at the reactions to the article. Yikes. As expected, it wasn't received well in the slightest. Several remarks about how awful he was for cheating on his caring wife and critiquing how he used a false image for his company flooded the comment section. Of course if he had really cheated he deserved all the backlash in the world, but in this circumstance he was not guilty of the sins he had been accused of.

    Most people on the internet would believe anything they see even if the source was unreputable simply for the sake of stirring up drama. A lot of people liked to rag on CEOs (for both good and bad reasons) so of course they would jump at the opportunity to slander Alhaitham. Maybe I would've hopped on the bandwagon too if I didn't know the real story.

    Anyhow, I had to think of the best solution for this issue. Alhaitham put my feelings into account to an almost excessive degree, so he would likely enforce limitations on himself that would damage his reputation beyond repair. Saying that he wasn't married right after a controversy came out was not a good look but it was probably what he was considering doing at the moment simply because he didn't want to force me to play as his wife until the end of time. Despite his somewhat stoic exterior, Alhaitham was more caring than most people nowadays and never failed to take your feelings into consideration as of late.

    Being his wife forever...what's wrong with that? The thought flashed through my mind before I could control it. It would salvage his reputation as well as allow you to spend your days peacefully. I wasn't so dense that I didn't notice the strange behavior Alhaitham had exhibited over the past few days and the constant hints that he had something important to tell me. Whether it was that he wanted to cut off connections completely or the exact opposite, I would accept whatever decision he made. He betrayed my trust but then helped me equally as much, to the point where I could now say that we're on equal footing in terms of the debt we owe each other. There was no reason to fabricate our thoughts for the sake of the other party.

    After getting lost in your thoughts for a little while, I heard the door opening which signaled Alhaitham's return—it had gotten to the point where I could recognize that it was him by the way he walked up the stairs. I quickly adjusted my appearance before walking to my door to greet him.