𝟔 - 𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍

His calm voice reassured me and I allowed myself to be guided by his words

 His calm voice reassured me and I allowed myself to be guided by his words. Never in my life had I thought I would be lucky enough to reenact an otome scene with a strikingly handsome man, but if this was the only time in my life I would be given the opportunity, I would make use of it.

"Put your hands in a position in which they look like you're wrapping them around my back," he instructed calmly. I recreated a similar gesture to the one I had moments ago, our silhouettes appearing as a couple embracing in bed. "All you have to do is stay like that. Tilt your head upwards a little more. Alright, that's perfect. Now, close your eyes."

Why do I have to close my eyes? Despite my questions, I did as I was told.

I could tell that Alhaitham was moving, but he stayed a safe distance away from me. "Just a few minutes... I know it's awkward, but you're going to have to bear with it." After he spoke those words, the only sound that filled the room was the sound of the bed sheets as he moved.

I became painfully aware of everything around me. The air that was escaping my lungs, the pounding in my ears, and the calm movements of the man beside me. All I had to do was simply hold my arms in the air, keeping them there for however long necessary...

This is so awkward. This is so awkward! I feel like I've never felt this uncomfortable in my whole life.

After a painstakingly long time, he finally let out a sigh. "Alright, it seems like they're gone. Spying on a couple whilst they're commencing in intercourse could be– no, it's simply a crime."

"Intercourse?" I widened my eyes. So that's why he was moving around so much! I'm glad I didn't have to see him doing that though, it probably would have ruined my impression of him for life... Just imagining him creating the silhouette necessary made me internally cringe.

"Anyways," he spoke as if what had just occurred was commonplace, "you're good to go now."
I snapped back to reality at his curt statement, and suddenly it felt as if we were still in the office. Despite the situation we were in, he showed almost no change in demeanor.

"I'll take my leave then."

Getting out of his bed, I left the room and shut the door behind me, letting out a sigh. I feel like I just aged twenty years. Suddenly I felt a gush of sympathy for otome protagonists. To be in those stressful situations with several different male leads must be a mentally taxing experience. Most people liked to be envious of them, but imagine having to actually be them. I couldn't really blame them for, when forced into the game's constant minacious situations, wanting to rely on a romantic figure for guidance.

I needed to take my mind off of my boss, so I headed to my room and booted up one of my favorite otomes. I should play a tsundere route... considering that's essentially the opposite of Mr. Alhaitham, it will completely take my mind off of him.

I ended up staying awake until the early hours of the morning, unable to stop as I gushed uncontrollably over how cute the male lead was. To be an otome fanatic truly is a curse... yet also a blessing.