11 - Magic

Kayson groaned, head panging. His entire body, as expected, throbbed. What happened? He was fighting the channicaenth and got flung into the water right? What happened after? Blinking away the haze and dizziness still plaguing him, he was met with... a face?

"What the fuck."

Jolting and shoving Huey away, the black haired boy stepped back a couple inches. Kayson sat up and looked straight into crimson with a variety of emotions. Mainly confusion, and exasperation. Huey crossed his arms. His expression was a bit like a mix between smug bewilderment, relief, and enlightenment.

Pleased, he remarked, "So it does work."

Kayson found himself gaping a little, because literally what the hell? He wakes up from his dream, feeling like he has a hangover from just consuming tap water and warheads, to see Huey-fucking-Astaseul's face inches away from his—like a fucking ghost or whatever those things are in Gm^d—and said fucker just said "so it does work" WHAT. Thank goddess that he was too tired to move, because he might've accidentally smacked him on reflex.

Blue eyes twitched. "What?"

"When you stare at someone while they sleep they'll wake up." Ok, he takes it back, now he just wanted to punch his friend. That's so creepy don't try that on him, do it on someone else.

"....Did you watch me sleep or something?" The male scowled.

Huey scoffed, "No. I came in like twenty seconds ago." He instantly refuted. Wrinkling his nose and eyeing him with that look. The head turned, squinted eyes, and slightly parted frown in judgment kind of look. Kayson made an equally ugly face in return.

"Anyways, welcome back. You scared me so bad yesterday by the way." Huey clapped, ooing and wowing. "Congratulations on awakening magic too! It was horrible."

"Yesterday?" He shut his eyes. What happened after he fell into the water? Uhm, there was blue and bubbles..? Then uh pew pew water pshhhh... wait, did he use magic? He used magic?! Realization hit him like a truck. Whatever events unfolded a couple hours ago came rushing back into his brain rather smoothly like a videotape. He finger-snapped. "Oh! Ohhhhh! So it wasn't a dream!"

"Of course it wasn't, and about what you said at the end.." Huey's lips pursed, the Kayson in front of him was definitely Kayden. Should he really ask?

"Hm? What'd I say?"

'Does he not remember?'

"You swore at Mr. Joseph, and called him a gorilla from hell." Huey lied without hesitation, only his mom can see through them. He felt a bit bad, but if his suspicions were true then he didn't want to sow panic and fear in his friend. He knows he'll probably need to reveal it one day, but not now, the timing isn't right.

"...I said that out loud?" Kayson smiled wistfully, Huey nodded. "Shit."

"Anyways get up and get ready, Mr. Joseph wants you at the training grounds."

Groaning, "Nooo~ I just almost died and we have to train again??"

He flopped back down (ignoring his complaining muscles) only to have the blanket cruelly snatched away. Huey threw it at the end of the bed, far out of Kayson's reach.

"You know complaining won't work. If you don't know the way, just ask a servant, I'll be waiting over there."

"Yes yes." Floppily waving him away, he stared straight into the ceiling. Magic... huh.. he used magic and defeated a sea monster huh... oh. Palms immediately shooting up to cover his face, Kayson squealed and rolled around the bed side to side. He could feel his face heating up from pure joy and disbelief. Magic, he used magic! Magic! "My childhood dreams are becoming real!!"