17 - Club Choosing

"Have you decided on clubs yet?" Kayson patted his black sweater vest down, smoothing out the wrinkles caused from sitting too long. The emblem of the academy is stitched by the left chest: A golden shield containing a crown and a four petal flower.

Huey nodded. "Yeah, you?"

He shrugged. "I'll just choose whichever." He picked up his school bag and moved to leave the classroom.

"Alright." Huey trailed after Kayson. He had come into the boy's classroom earlier after class to meet up.

It's already been a week since he discussed with Kayson about the Winter Showcase incident. Currently, they've only briefly touched on the plan strategy and details. Focusing more on pinpointing the locations of the bombs as well as holes in the plan.

Now, their focus was on the numerous clubs offered by the academy. In fact they were making their way down to the club choosing area now by the main building's lower foyer.

The place was flocking with people. There were students from all years as well as academy staff going about. Fortunately the mini map they have on their watch shows where each club stand is. The main issue was making their way to said stand through the mountains and seas of people.

Kayson sighed looking at the crowd, the tumult assaulting his ears. He turned to Huey.

"What clubs are you joining?"

"Art, Magic and Theory, and Combat and Weaponry." Two of which were clubs he joined last time, which meant for plot convenience the protagonist and other important characters will also be in the clubs. Still, although he didn't want to have anything to do with them, these two clubs are essential for building his strength. He'll just think of it like keeping an eye on the plot distortion.

"Oo maybe I'll join the last two too." Kayson remarked. Good, Huey was planning on dragging him in anyways.

"Alright, I'll sign up at the art club first."

"Then I'm gonna go look around, bye." He waved and left.

As Kayson disappeared amongst the crowd, Huey calmly made his way to the art club's sign up stand. The familiar figures of Vincent and Mathew soon appeared. The duo were conversing with students. Mathew wore a benevolent smile as he introduced the club to someone, his soft orange eyes soon catching Huey in its sight. After nudging Vincent, he quickly called out to him.

"Huey!! Over here!" The happiness coupled with his innate laid back character was a stark difference compared to the surrounding people (Vincent excluded).

The typical questioning whispers arose and Huey skillfully ignored it all. The knowledge he's 'changed' and has been taking art lessons has already been circulated throughout all of the second years, but only a handful of first and third years know of it. This reaction was expected, he supposed.

"Hey Mathew, hey Vincent." He greeted. The three of them have gotten a lot closer in the past week.

Vincent smiled. "Hello Huey, are you joining?"

"Mhm."

Mathew wooed and handed over a printed-designed card. "Here, this is the club information."

The card was well designed with toned down colours coupled with abstract shapes. On it listed the room number, time, a list of activities, and such.

He swept a look over the card before tucking it into his pants pocket. Huey opened his mouth to say something, but noticing the line he was holding up, stopped. A bit of shame came upon the realization which caused a subtle pink to dust his cheeks.