A Waltz to Remember (Part 1)

A young boy in a black tailcoat walked his way to the Eden Academy Grand Theater, his butler in tow.

"Is father coming?" the boy asked.

"Master Donovan did not confirm nor deny his attendance, young master," the butler replied.

Damian kept silent. 'He still won't come, huh,' he bitterly thought.

The butler took a step toward him.

"Master Damian, I will have to inform them this time that Ms. Anya Forger is your dance partner."

"That would be fine," he fixed his coat as he spoke.

"Very well. I wish you all the best in your presentation, young master."

The butler bowed low and excused himself. Damian proceeded inside the theater to the area designated for the students of Cecile Hall.

Looking sharp and dashing in his handsomely tailored suit, Damian turned heads of students and visitors as he walked past.

"Mr. Damian is so handsome! I wish I were his partner!" A group of students chatted.

He sighed at them as he swiftly treaded the hallway. Damian used to like the attention before, but now he couldn't care less.

Because his dancing partner is the best he could ever ask for.

Now, where could she be?

~~~~~

"This gown is very pretty, mama!"

The cheerful young girl twirled in her gown.

"Anya likes the many flowers near the hem... and the faint sparkles that look like tiny twinkling stars!"

She swayed and made small jumps.

"And it's bouncy! Anya can feel some fluffy things underneath!" Anya exclaimed.

Her mother, Yor, beamed at her adorable daughter.

"You must really like your gown!" She took out a silver wired hairband with crystals and rhinestones and carefully placed it on Anya's hair. She then fixed the fringes on the little twist bun near her nape.

"Let's check your shoe straps," Yor said. Anya sat on the chair and lifted the hem of her gown, exposing her shoes.

Loid watched them get ready for the presentation. 'Yor is very good at this,' he thought. He then complimented his daughter.

"Papa thinks you look very pretty in your gown, Anya!"

A wide grin appeared in the young girl's face.

"Thank you, Papa! Thank you too, Mama!"

"Hmmm!" Yor replied with a smile.

After making sure that Anya is all set, the Forgers finally came to the Eden Academy Grand Theater. Seeing her teacher initiate the roll call, Anya hurried to the seats for Cecile Hall performers, while Loid and Yor proceeded to the designated seats for parents at the center of the theater.

"Loid, this place is so luxurious," Yor whispered as she looked around.

"Ah. Eden lives up to its prestigious reputation," Loid responded.

After getting seated, Loid looked at the programme and pondered on his observations so far.

'Classes will be performing newly-arranged choral pieces accompanied by the orchestra, professionally-choreographed dances performed alongside the most popular Ostanian soprano opera singer, an excerpt from a popular Ostanian operetta, and a newly-composed musical on Ostanian history. What a spectacular lineup! Now...'