That Evening at Eden

The silver crescent moon shone between sparse, translucent clouds and grain-like scattered twinkling stars in the dark sky — that evening at Eden. To Mr. Henderson, it was nothing short of elegant.

Inside his quarters, he filled a timelessly adorned gold and green teacup with his favorite tea that tastes notes of flowers, herbs, and mint. He breathed the steam along with its calming aroma before taking a sip, making his throat and lungs relax.

He stood by the window, raising his chin to savor the beauty of the picturesque night, when the seasoned teacher briefly closed his eyes.

"This may be the perfect time to go through the last three outputs," he remarked.

He then lightly trod the corridors toward his study as he mentally reviewed his task.

"In five short entries of memorable events, the students' vocabulary, sentences, depth, and creativity will be evaluated. An air of mystery is a big plus; to stir the reader's heart and mind an advantage."

"I thus name thee 'Elegant Composition' — a test on the student's ability to write in a manner sophisticated and refined."

He sat on his chair, pulling his spine upright to read in proper posture.

"While these outputs are but brief, I must remain very critical. A work that is direct and simple merits a 'D' for lacking sophistication and depth. If there are notable issues in spelling and grammar, I shall consider a lower mark."

"But if the composition brilliantly stirs my emotions with tasteful depictions and elegant deeds, then I, its humble reader, must generously award an A+ to such a splendid output... if I ever see one."

Finding it perfect under such a dramatic night, he placed a tissue box on one of the corners of his desk in anticipation.

"Elegant Composition will allow me into the mind and experiences of my pupils. As their teacher, I must be aware and concerned, even slightly, of their growth. I believe their thoughts and feelings should be taken into consideration when dealing with them."

"My mind is clear at the moment; hence, I am more likely to make unbiased interpretations. My understanding of their work needs to be accurate and correct."

Once set, Mr. Henderson delicately drew the topmost on the pile of neatly stacked folders.

"So... what will you tell me this evening, Anya Forger?"

He opened the first folder and began to concentrate.

"Hmmm... Forger has always been discriminated against despite her family's elegance, unfortunately. It is therefore not surprising to know that she feels this way."

"I am gladdened that someone like Blackbell befriended her. She seems to have acted as Anya's reprieve from all the negativity. Such an elegant bond!"

His reading continued as he turned the page.