The Desmond Butler's Acquaintance

Author's Note:

Happy Thanksgiving!

I opened my Wattpad after a long time and saw your kind words and votes! Thank you, everyone! It made me write something for you, which I didn't have time to polish since I wrote it just this morning and I thought I want it out today, Thanksgiving Day.

It's not much but hope you'd like it! Fluff, as usual, and not aged up.

I'll try to respond to your comments and messages asap! So happy and grateful here! 💗💗💗

-Iacrya

~~~~~

OLD TITLE: A Thank You Bonus Chapter

This was one of those events that define how influential his family is to the world. Such a gathering is rare, and when there is one, its level of grandeur is stupendous. What Damian likes about this however is not the luxury but the fact that it always brings together the Desmond family.

To his right, an elegant woman trod beside him. Time has evidently passed by her, but she has aged beautifully. Mother really is here, huh?

To his left was the figure of a tall young man, his brother, in his formal attire. Brother walking next to me is nice.

He then fixed his gaze at the towering figure in front of him. His expression is stern, his posture dignified and powerful. The man walked with authority, turning heads as he passed. He waved sparingly to recognize a few people of which Damian mentally took note of for these must be the really important ones in this crowd.

I wish father waved at me like that.

"Are you alright, honey?" Melinda Desmond, his mother, asked. Demetrius, his brother, bowed his head to spare him his gaze after hearing their mother.

"A Desmond does not space out. Pull yourself together." Demetrius patted his brother on the back.

"Ah." Damian curtly responded. He inhaled deeply, prodding himself to focus.

The Desmond family, being one of the most influential families of Ostania, was invited to a gathering at Hugaria. They received the best welcome and accommodation, being flown via a private blip to the state, fetched by a limousine at the airport, and then provided a luxurious suite in a renowned 5-star hotel. In it, a welcome dinner was organized by the government of Hugaria for their guests from all around the world.

After locating their table, his mother was immediately called out by some acquaintances, while his brother was spoken to by some rich families whether to introduce their daughters or to become a partner in their business. His father, needless to say, was immediately taken by the other influential people in the crowd for either a political or a business talk.

Not having much of a responsibility at his age, Damian was left at their table, fiddling with the snacks served and sipping his fruity drink. He was about to open his book when a short but distinct flash of pink caught his attention.

Is that...? He asked himself, yet immediately shutting it. No, a commoner can never be invited to this banquet. He sighed. Would have been nice to talk to someone. That classmate of his in Eden may be a nuisance, but she's never boring.

Wait, that's not right. He's not that desperate for company to actually want to initiate a conversation with her! Besides, his book has more to offer than a poor nut-head commoner.

He opened his book, sliding his fingers into the table of contents to search where he left off, but his eye again caught pink somewhere far towards the front. The pink lingered for a while, just enough of him to make sure it was a person's head at least, before disappearing behind the group of toasting men on that side of the hall.