A Mysterious Past

Author's Note:

Hello, dear readers! This is just to let you know that there are a few possible emotional triggers in this chapter (yup, we're still in an amusement park tho). Also, there's a series of shifting perspectives. Hope you'd still find it easy to follow.

Sending you love from wherever!

( _)づ♡

~~~~~

Almost two hours have passed since Becky, Anya, Ewen, Emile, and Damian started exploring Bibbidi Bobbidi Land. After a chilling trip to the Spooky Castle, the five lined up for the Log Ride Caverns Paradise.

"Let's take the last row for the maximum thrill," Ewen told Emile who quickly nodded at him.

"Sit beside me, Anya!" Becky scooted to make room for her friend.

"Coming in... Whooops!" A wave passed and rocked the log as Anya stepped in.

Damian immediately stood and took her hand before she lost her balance.

"Oi you know we're not steady, right? Hold onto something before you even lose your balance," he told her.

"Your grip is steady enough, Sy-on boy! Thank you for holding me!" Anya said to him as she carefully sat beside a grinning Becky.

'Ugh!' Damian went back to his seat, his head lowered and his arms folded in an attempt to discourage his friends behind from teasing him. His cheeks warmed a little.

"Alright everyone, enjoy your ride!" The man on the docks said as he pushed their log into the current.

Damian glanced at Anya who was sitting in front of him.

'Penguins, stellas, spies... I wonder if there's something I can give her as a souvenir for today,' he thought.

The water currents carried their log through the Caverns Paradise. Inside, they found themselves surrounded by waterfalls. The splashing waters that rushed down from the heights inevitably drenched them along their way.

"Look at that!" Becky pointed to a rainbow that formed above. Behind it were vines that hung from the ceiling of the cavern. Mist can be seen through the artificial sunlight.

The currents moved their log ride to a long man-made river bank lined with trees where they spotted statues of various tropical animals.

They then eventually drifted out into the open where they saw the high flume – the highlight of the attraction. The five witnessed the log that preceded them slowly ascend it.

"Here comes the exciting part!" Ewen exclaimed.

"Anya, let's raise our hands when the log slides down the track!" Becky told her friend.

"Anya's a bit scared but okay!" Anya replied.

Damian prepared himself for the fall while still immersed in his thoughts.

'I should also think about what we'll do later when Ewen and the others leave us on our own.'

They went up, and up, and up until they were higher than the cavern. Their log tipped forward at the highest point until finally, it was time for the fall.

Becky and Anya raised their hands.

"Aaaaahhhhh!!!"

With screams and shouts, the log rapidly descended to the bottom and made a huge splash of water, fully soaking the five.

"That was great!" Becky exclaimed.

"It's not bad," Ewen said.

"Anya felt funny in the stomach but the screaming helped!" Anya exclaimed.