26. Alone

Next morning -

Rohit woke up first and saw Virat sleeping on the couch in very uncomfortable position. He freshened up first and then decided to wake him up.

"Vi, hey! Get up! We will be late for breakfast.."
Rohit said shaking him a little.

Virat got up and saw Rohit ready ... he himself got ready thinking last night events but decided to let go of it...

They arrived for breakfast... Rohit and Virat sat together... Virat was narrating Rohit what all Bunty had explained him.

But Rohit was lost in yesterday's meeting with Ritika. He was not at all listening what Virat was saying to him.

Flashback Yesterday meet of Rohika-

"Let's go .. I have tons of things to explain to you like how you all the work will be done!"
Ritika said giving a soft smile to him.

"We can go to the cafe nearby .. let's get to know each other?"
Rohit said being excited to spend time with her not realising the slip of tongue he made.

"What did u say?"
Ritika asked raising her eyebrows questioningly hearing that.

"I mean we have to get to know each other na as we are gonna work together.. it's important for the work!"
Rohit said changing the tone.

"Ohh ya!"
Ritika agreed and went with him.

They sat in the cafe while Rohit was looking at her and listening keenly how she was explaining him everything.

Rohit was busy observing how her expression would change with every single thing as she was explaining him how her role would be as a manger!

"Are you even listening to me and what have I said Rohit??"
She asked clicking her fingers in front of him to break his trance.

"Ofcourse I am .."
Rohit cleared his throat nervously and came out of his trance as Ritika was calling his name.

"Waise it's the first time na that u are getting managed like this??
Like do u have experience in working like this with someone before?"
Ritika asking curiously.. didn't know why but she wanted to know more about him.

"Yes it's the first time.. don't know how we are gonna handle it but we have to as Mahi bhai said.."
Rohit said answering her questions and beginning a conversation with her.

"You will manage fine...
Don't worry about that, if there is anything I will be there to help you!
How do u feel about it ?? Like both of you Virat and Rohit are new to this!"
Ritika said with an assuring tone .. she asked that question wanting to know his opinion about all this management.

"It feels okay till now! Hopefully manageable .. don't know how Vi would feel?
I would have to talk to him once I go back.."
Rohit said and made a mental note to talk to Virat once he reached back.

"You are close friends??"
Ritika asked curiously because she could not miss the shine and warmth in his eyes and words when he spoke about Virat.

"Close... it's an understatement... we are inseparable friends!
Besties.. brothers and what not!
Our friends literally tease that we are soulmates!"
Rohit said smiling fondly and laughing at the end.

"Wow!! You seem really happy when u talk about him!"
She said seeing him so happy.

Ritika was loving his company now. He was really humble and sweet... When he used to smile he looked really cute.

'Oh god! Did I say cute? What's wrong with me? I am just meeting him!'
Ritika thought.

"Ofcourse .. I will be happy! He is my fav person in my life!
I can't see a scratch on him!"
Rohit said softly.