33. Found Criminal

Hey guys, I hope y'all are doing well. 

Trigger Warning for this chapter : Mention of rape and Sexual assault. 

Kabir's POV :

I tried to focus on the steady breaths of Aarohi to calm my racing heart as she slept soundly in my arms. It has been two hours, since she has went to sleep. And I couldn't even find it in myself to even close my eyes.

Because whenever I tried, images and scenarios of her being hurt, someone trying to hurt her, flooded my brain like a broken record, and all I could feel was this fierce need of inflict violence upon anyone who'd tried to hurt her. That need only grew when she stilled in her sleep multiple times, as if she was trying to save herself from someone. As if she was trying to fight even in her sleep.

My heart would squeeze with pain, as I rubbed my hand along her arm to calm her down.

When I first found her here, that moment, till she went to sleep. I had switched into protective mode. I couldn't think of anything besides how she needed me to be level headed for her. How she needed someone to rely on and I wanted to be that person for her. But now that she was sleeping, all I could think about was how I needed, whoever it was that laid his hands on her, to regret. To regret so fucking much that he'd prefer going blind before even looking in her direction.

I exhaled a sharp breath, trying to calm my fit of rage. I'd never been a violent person, so even thoughts like those were surprising for me, but the thing was...

That when the lights coming off from a bed side lamp, reflected on Aarohi's bruises, I decided that, I didn't give, a. single. fuck.

I brought my hand forward, and pushed the hair from her cheeks behind her ears softly. She sighed.

I definitely didn't give a single fuck, violence or not.

It didn't even take me one second to decide, that I can die for her, but I can also kill a man well within seconds if anyone tried to hurt her.

Letting out a huge breath, I slipped off the covers and quietly got out from the bed. I left a quick text to Aarohi, if she wakes up when I'm gone, and kept a pain killer on the bedside stool, with a glass of water. And then I ruffled through her bag, when I found a chocolate, I kept it there as well.

Then I walked out of the room, locking it behind me, and double checking just in case.

Three seconds later, I found myself standing outside the room where Jeet and Latika were staying.

I knocked.

Jeet opened the door. He didn't even look surprised seeing me there.

I frowned. "You and Latika should have been catching up on some sleep. Big day tomorrow"

He shrugged. "Bigger problem today" he let out with clenched jaw, and opened the door wider so that I could walk inside.

Apparently, Anirudh was also here.

I raised my eyebrows at him, and he shrugged, when I saw my sister sitting on the bed under the covers in comfy clothes, but her eyes were red rimmed and puffy.

She had been crying.

I sighed walking towards her. "Latika"

Tears gathered into her eyes again, and then she threw herself into my arms.

I gulped, as I patted a hand on her back. "It's okay" I whispered.

"No it's not" she shook her head. "You didn't see what I did, when I reached that room, and saw Aarohi...she... he...." she trailed off finding it hard to speak, and then Jeet came forward, placing a kiss on her head. She untangled herself from me, and buried her face in Jeet's chest, her soft hiccups echoing in the otherwise silent room.