35. Found Tenderness

Aarohi's POV : 

My whole body jerked back into consciousness, at the sound of a door being opened. The lamp on the other side of the bed was on casting the room in a dull yellow glow, but I felt the absence of the other warm body I went to sleep with, even before I was fully awake. 

But I couldn't focus on that when I heard that the sound of a door being opened was from my room, and I froze, my mind taking me back to unwelcome and painful scenarios. 

Although, my whole body relaxed when I saw that it was just Kabir. 

He walked inside, his head held low, as he inspected his hand. Seconds later he disappeared inside the washroom, and some minutes passed before he appeared back, with that familiar frown back on his face. 

He was looking around for something, when I finally decided to let him know I'm awake. 

"Need something ?" I asked in a groggy, sleepy voice. 

His head jerked towards where I was lying, and his eyes held mine for God knows how many seconds, before he shook his head, and looked away. 

He didn't say a word, as he mindlessly kept looking for something. Like he was trying to stay here in the present, but his mind wouldn't let him. 

"Kabir" I tried softly, and he looked at me once again. "Come here" I told him, and he sighed before walking towards the bed. 

"Get on the bed" 

he raised an eyebrow at that. "Don't you think that's a lot of bossing around for you ?" he asked. 

"I can boss you around as much as I want to" I told him with a fake evil smile. 

He stared at my face for some seconds, before he gifted me with a small smile of himself, and got in on the bed beside me. 

I brought my hand forward raking my fingers through his hair, and he closed his eyes, letting out a deep sigh. 

"You okay ?" I asked him murmuring, and he opened his eyes silently looking at me. 

Then he turned around, bringing his arm around my waist and shifting me closer to himself, so that we are face to face. 

"You shouldn't be the one comforting me right now. It should be the other way around" he said in a soft voice, and I smiled, as my index finger gently shaped the skin around hos features. 

"I think that's not what we are doing" 

"Yeah ? Then what do you think ?" 

I looked up into his eyes, now completely placing my hand on his jaw and rubbing soft circles on the skin of his cheek with my thumb. I placed the softest kiss on his lips before speaking. 

"I think that today was a lot. And we both need comforting. So we are both providing each other with comfort" 

He once again, didn't speak anything. But his hand disappeared inside my T shirt and his fingers softly grazed the skin of my back, making me shiver. 

"Where did you go off to ?" I asked him. 

"To Jeet and Latika's room" 

"Why ?"

I got distracted because instead of answering me he lowered his head and took my bottom lip as softly as possible in between his own. 

"To take care of some... stuff" he answered hesitating for a moment, after pulling back. 

I took his hand which was on my back, and brought it between us inspecting his knuckles. As I saw them before, they were coated with blood. 

I raised my eyebrows at him