Part 37

Chen Gongzi and his party looked at Aunt Tao's guarded expression, and understood that she had misunderstood, and immediately stopped talking.

"Young Master, the weather is not good today, I'm afraid it's going to rain, I'll go outside and park the carriage first." The maid said suddenly.

"Okay, give me the child." Chen Gongzi said.

Chen Gongzi naturally took the sleeping child from the handmaiden and held it in his arms.

The maid went out.

Seeing that Young Master Chen was embracing the child skillfully and coaxingly, Aunt Tao felt unspeakably weird.

Although this small place is remote, it has also produced a few talented masters. She saw that the average scholar pays attention to "a gentleman embraces grandchildren rather than children."

A man can hug his grandson intimately, but never hug his own son.

She is a woman of Taoism, although she doesn't quite understand why, but I heard that this is a handed down rule, and most people pay attention to this.

In this case, looking at the age of the scholar in front of her, it doesn't look like he can be a grandfather, so the child in his arms can only be his son.

Looking at the behavior of this group of people, it should also be a particular family. Noticing Aunt Tao's constant gaze, Young Master Chen raised his head and smiled softly.

"Auntie, but have doubts." Aunt Tao was stunned when she heard this crisp voice.

This was clearly the woman's voice.

With the help of the candle on the wooden table, she carefully looked at "Mr. Chen" in front of her.

The eyebrows are exquisite and picturesque, the edges of the cheeks are still feminine, and the neck does not have the thick Adam apple like a man.

So, Aunt Tao was relieved.

If that's the case, then it all makes sense.

"Master Chen", no, she should be called Xie Qingluan. She said slowly,

"Auntie, I'm a weak woman, and it's very inconvenient to go out. It's really a last resort to pretend to be a man. I didn't intend to deceive you, and I hope you don't blame me." 

Then she turned to look at the man who was holding the child. "Mrs. Chen," 

"That's my maid, Zi Ye. It's also my maid, Zi Yuan, who drives the carriage outside the door. But she's good at fighting, and she's been a part of our group. Guard."

After realizing that the person in front of her was disguised as a man, and the real relationship between these people, Aunt Tao's face returned to a friendly smile, and she waved her hands repeatedly and said, "Don't blame, don't blame. Speaking of which, it's also Auntie me. I misunderstood you. Those who are away from home have no trouble."

She walked to the wooden table, picked up the teapot in her hand, picked up the pottery bowl on the table, poured a few bowls of hot water, and said softly,

"In this country place, at home on weekdays There were no guests here, and no tea was prepared, just a few bowls of hot water, and I hope you don't dislike the simplicity."

While pouring the water, Aunt Tao asked, "No, sir, Madam, where are you planning to go with the child? Auntie, I have a lot of work, but recently, all the roads of the Canglan River have been guarded by soldiers, and the management is very strict. I have to check various identity documents all the way, I am afraid it is not easy to walk around freely."

Xie Qingluan smiled ,did not speak.

Ziye, who was sitting on the side, said, "My master is working on an errand in the Canglan River. Madam was very worried, so she brought the young master and the young lady to visit." 

No further questions were asked.

She heard from her son Tao Qi that Qi Yue were going to meet in the Canglan River this time, and many high-ranking officials came from the imperial city, and this lady was probably not a family member of an adult.

Aunt Tao didn't have any idea of ​​rushing to flatter. They, the ordinary people in the borderlands, should just live their own lives as they should.

It was late at night, and Xie Qingluan did not fall asleep.

This time, she brought the child privately and did not tell Shen Wuye. She wished to have a good talk with him.

Today's Prince's Mansion is less and less like her and his home.