Channel Six News

SLAM! April burst through the Channel 6 building doors, with you hot on her tail. Your bike tires had been slashed last night by some stupid kids, but you only figured that out this morning, which meant running and hopping on subways to get to Aprils work.

Even though you were 16, you did not attend school. You had been taught many things during your stay with the Foot Clan, and although April had suggested it multiple times, you said you'd rather just follow April around at her work to learn.

Multiple people stared at you and your sister and you run turned into a brisk and fast paced walk. April was clutching a file close to her chest as she navigates the cluttered workspace of the office. She did it with ease, and you did for the most part until some idiot walked out of his office with a steaming cup of coffee.

Quickly dodging the man by stepping under him you stood up only to get whacked in the face by another dude. Thankfully, he didn't have coffee on him. You groaned and finally caught up to your sister who was standing patiently listening to her co-workers and boss talk.

"All right! We need a lead for tonight!" Bernadette Thompson announced with a loud clap of her hands. "Who's got it?" She placed her hands on her hips as she looked around the office. A hand was raised and the worker was called on.

"Major redevelopments proposed for lower Manhattan." The worker proposed. Bernadette only shook her head, "No." she continued to look around, to see McNaughton raising his hand.

"I got something. 'NYPD Task Force Taking Credit for Small Decline in Foot Related Crime.'" He read off of his file.

Bernadette smiled and nodded, "I like that, let's run with that!"

"Yes Ma'am!" Multiple voices called out.

You jumped when you heard a voice say over a speaker, "7:00 AM BROADCAST, WE HAVE THREE MINUTES TO AIR."

You jumped again when April started moving forward towards Bernadette. "Oh O' Neil. I'll talk to you in a minute." Bernadette said, clearly trying to dismiss April.

"I know I'm over stepping my boundaries by being here," April began, "But I think that you're gonna wanna hear what I have to say. I actually think that you're all gonna want to hear what I have to say." Vern gave her a look and you gave him one is return.

April looked at you and you gave her a thumbs up for confidence. She smiled slightly before continuing, "Uhm- I witnessed an attempted Foot Clan robbery at the Brooklyn Docks last night."

"Hold on, the scanner said that gunshots were heard, but there were no reports of any Foot Clan activity." McNaughton interrupted as he leaned back in his chair.

"That's because whatever they were attempting to do was stopped." April replied confidently.

You crossed your arms just like McNaughton and said, "Yeah, maybe you could have let her finish."

McNaughton gave you a glare before turning back to April with a smirk, "What were you doing in Brooklyn anyway? Was there some sort of trampoline convention?"

You wanted to pummel him to say the least. Sure you were making fun of your sister the other day, but that's because your siblings, this piece of crap had no right to do so.

You huffed, ready to defend your sister, but she beat you to it. "I was in Brooklyn because I was reporting, not sitting behind my desk MCNAUGHTON." April snapped back in a sassy tone. You giggled slightly but we're quickly hushed by Bernadette. "Okay, kids!" She raised her hands trying to stop the arguing. Then she turned back to April, "Who stopped it?"

April looked at you and then back at her boss, "Well there was this guy..."

"We didn't get a good look." You added in.

April nodded, "But, he was swinging these- these giant shipping containers and knocking these guys into the uh- the river. There is a vigilante, that is fighting back! Fighting against the Foot Clan! There's a huge story here!"

April finished the last part excitedly before McNaughton snickered and said, "O' Neil I think you've found Superman, that's cool."

You rolled your eyes at that comment but April didn't seem to mind. "The vigilante is real, I saw him."

Bernadette sighed and approached your sister, "O' Neil, I'm going to assume that you would not drag your sister up here with you and tell us this FANTASTIC story without some tangible proof."

You motioned to the folder with your hands, and April began opening it quickly, pulling out a printed photo of the Kanji symbol and showing it to Bernadette. "I took this photo of one of the shipping containers, I actually think that it might be his calling card."

You quickly added in, "It's a Kanji symbol for family." Hoping that it would somehow help your sister.

Vern gave you a look as if to say, 'How and why do you know that?' But you really didn't care. Bernadette however, unlike Vern, seemed to pay absolutely no attention to your comment.

"O' Neil, this is nothing! This is nothing!" She raised her voice. "That's exactly the point, somebody stopped a Foot robbery and left no evidence. There is nothing."

You and Vern both agreed for once as you shared a wince. She really wasn't helping her case. You wanted to open your mouth to speak but you felt it would only make the problem worse.

"Oh I get it." Bernadette said in a sarcastic voice, "you wanted me to put 'Nothing' on the Nightly News."

You and April both shook your head.

"Of course not!"
"Thats not what she was saying!"

Bernadette waved her hands in the air to represent her forgetting the conversation, "You know what, I'm gonna pretend we never had this conversation. I'm erasing it from my mind. And the rest of us, we're gonna get back to work! Let's hit it!"

April muttered under her breath and sighed as she walked away. You patted her back and offered her a smile as you both walked out of the room.

Today was NOT going well.

-/Third Person POV\-

"HELLO EVERYBODY, WELCOME TO THE CHANNEL SIX MORNING NEWS. NEW DEVELOPMENTS IN THAT ONGOING SANITATION STRIKE TO TELL YOU ABOUT. BUT FIRST, AFTER REVIEWING THE CITYS SOARING CRIME RATES WITH THE POLICE COMMISSIONER, COUNCILMAN DAN GREGOR TOOK TO THE STEPS OF CITY HALL, REAFFIRMING THE CITY'S COMMITMENT TO FIGHT AGAINST THE RISING CRIME ORGANIZATION CALLING THEMSELVES 'THE FOOT CLAN.' HE DID SO ON THE HEELS OF A RENEWED CONTRACT WITH ERICS SACKS AND SACKS INDUSTRIES. USING THE SACKS RESEARCH, AND SECURITIES TECHNOLOGY, THIS CITY GREATLY IMPROVES THE CHANCES OF BRINGING THE FOOT CLAN TO JUSTICE!"

-/First Person POV\-

You sighed as you leaned against your bedroom, your sister was dragging you to Eric Sacks announcement, banquet thingy majig. And you really didn't want to go. Not just because you didn't feel like wearing an elegant dress, but also because you knew who Eric Sacks really was. And you couldn't bare to see the horrible man again.

April came into the check on you, "Hey! We're leaving in 20 minutes! Hurry up!"

You nodded and hesitantly grabbed a knee length blood red dress. It was tied with a slightly darker red ribbon, and had short straps that held the dress up.

You groaned. This dress, the banquet, Sacks... all things you didn't want to face.

Today really was taking a turn for the worse...

(NEW UPDATE TOMORROW MY LOVELIES! STAY SAFE!)