The Banquet/Bathroom Flashback

(Slight Blood Mention)

God, Nervous is an understatement of how you're feeling right now. Fearful, is even an understatement.

After putting on this horribly itchy dress, although you must admit it is very pretty, your sister had called Vern in his van to give you a ride since you couldn't ride your bikes for obvious reasons.

You spent the entire car ride, that HORRIBLE car ride, hyperventilating. You were walking right back to where you didn't want to go, but if you wanted your past to stay a secret, you couldn't do anything about it.

The van finally arrived at the huge building where Sacks was holding the banquet. Vern was muttering something about rich people, and April was thanking him for the ride as she got out of the vehicle.

"Y/N? You coming?" You sister asked with concern on her face. You nodded slowly although in your head you were SCREAMING.

'NO IM NOT OKAY! THIS MAN IS A MURDERER! HE WORKS FOR THE FOOT CLAN! BUT I CAN'T TELL YOU THAT SO IM JUST SITTING HERE! I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF AFTER HE RECOGNIZES ME, HE SENDS THE FUCKING FOOT CLAN OUT TO KILL ME!'

You take deep breaths in and out your nose. "Well- okay...." Vern says awkwardly, he's never seen you so worked up before. "Uhm- when this, 'banquet' is over April, just message me and I'll come and here and pick you and uh-" He looks at you again and coughs, "Miss Asthma Attack, and I'll drop you both off at home. Sound good?" You shoot Vern a glare for the nickname and are about to say something, but April grabs your hand and starts dragging you into the building.

'Shit.'

You don't even have time to admire the beautiful architecture, you simply try your best to follow April as she stands next to a nice table with a black tablecloth. "Let's just wait right here, you don't- you don't look to good." April says as she tries to smile.

You nod, glad for the distance between you and Sacks, and that's of course when they start to bring him in so he can start talking. A champagne glass is raised in the air as somebody taps it with a fork to get everyone's attention. You suck in a breath, you feel like you're gonna pass out.

"Ladies and Gentlemen!" The man announces the crowd, "Please join me in welcoming the NYPD's top benefactor, Eric Sacks!"

You start shaking and you grip the tablecloth in an attempt to stand, it doesn't work and you fall to the ground like a bumbling idiot. Multiple glances are shot your way as April offers you a hand and helps you stand up.

"Sorry..." you mumble. Just as Sacks steps up onto the stage. You gulp, and a loud one. Everyone stands up and starts applauding. "Please, please sit down."

Multiple people follow his commands and you almost want to laugh at them, he actually DOES want all this attention, he just has to act like he doesn't in public.

"I have to say," Sacks continues with a smile. "It's wonderful to see so many people out here tonight, especially in a neighborhood, so hard hit by the Foot's crime wave." This is unbelievable, he's APART of the Foot.

"Years ago, my life, was touched by tragedy. I was a young scientist, working with a world-class team
on cutting-edge research. And our laboratory was attacked, set fire to, robbed, by the cowards that
call themselves the Foot Clan."

You want to tell something like, "EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE FOOT CLAN PART IS A LIE! HE WAS THE ONE BEHIND IT!" But you can't since you can barely breathe.

"Several of my employees, lost their lives that day.
And it is in their honor, in their memory, that Sacks Industries, whether through Sacks Biomed, Sacks Robotics or Sacks Construction, will remain committed, to keeping the city of New York, our city,
safe. So whenever someone takes flame to this city, I will be there to put the fire out. And that's a promise."