Work wives pt.2

After 6 months of hell, it was finally over. You won.
After the paparazzi had released images of you and Gwendoline in a relationship, it had been released. They had flown a drone into Gwendoline's back garden and taken photos of us.
The courts had sided with you and Gwendoline thanks to her amazing team of lawyers. You and Gwendoline were awarded 5 million, and the news had to give up rights to the images and take down the articles.
During this trial, you received an overwhelming amount of love. You had agreed to the trial being televised, and it ended up being the most watched trial ever. From all the messages and gifts you received, this trial was a lot easier.
However, for Gwendoline, it was a lot harder. She received a lot of hate because she got very defensive in one of the trials.
Many nights, you would come home to her crying. You would run upstairs and hug her tightly until she calmed down. Then you would go downstairs and make her hot chocolate and take cookies upstairs, and you would sit and watch films.

At the same time as the trial, you were still filming Star Wars. Although everyone knew you were together, they still called you work wives.
"Oh look, there's the work wives," they would laugh. That was the one good thing. The cast still loved us. They were all supportive, and many came to testify against the severity of the harassment you received.
It was nearing the end of filming for Christmas, and you decided to take Gwendoline away. She needed a break.
You looked for places for hours. You eventually decided to take her back to the UK. You knew the weather was so wet and dark over there, but you knew she would be happy ( I'm from the UK, and no, I wouldn't visit over the winter).
You booked flights out for the 21st and were going to fly back to the studio on the 29th.
You printed the tickets and put them in a box. You also had a plan. That night, the 19th, you got an Uber into the city and went to a ring shop. You found the perfect ring and paid for it. You used the money from the lawsuit. Gwendoline needed this.
When you got back, you put the ring box in with the tickets and wrapped it up.
"Hey honey, are you ok?" You poked your head round the door
She was snuggled under the covers with puffy red eyes
"Yeah, I just wish I could go home," she said
"What do you mean, you are home?"
"No, home, home. The UK, England!"
"Well, maybe I can't do that, but I have an early Christmas present for you." You almost giggle lying through your teeth.
She takes the present and starts slowly unwrapping it. She opens the box and sees the plane tickets.
"No y/n, you didn't!" She said
"Yeah, I did, we are going home for Christmas!"
"What about your family, I know they like Christmas with you?"
"Well, maybe Gwendoline, they are coming too and we are going to see your parents!"
"How, why, when, I love you!" She hugged you, and you almost started to cry.
"Honey, there's something else you said pointing at the box.
She looks down, and you slowly get off the bed, getting on one knee. She opens the ring box and gasps and looks at you.
Before you could say anything, she said yes and reached over and kissed you.
"I love you, y/n!"
"I love you too, but what if I told you that there's another reason all my family are coming?"
"What!" she screamed
"Maybe I planned us a small wedding for just family, and maybe we are getting married on the 27th," you look at her giggling.
Tears start running down her face, and you tackle her back on the bed, kissing all down her body, making her laugh.
You continue kissing her until she pulls your face back up and kisses your lips.

~skip to New years eve~

You and Gwendoline had arrived back from your little holiday now wives. Not just work wives. No one knew except your family. They had been at the wedding.
It was New Years Eve, and you had been formally invited to the New York Ball drop to be interviewed. You were obviously taking Gwendoline, but she was going to stand in the crowd.
You arrived at around 10 pm and were talking to the new presenters. As you were walking towards the crowd, you were handed about 50 flowers from fans. You smiled and did your interview. You now had about 45 minutes to kill before you had to be back for the countdown. You ring Gwendoline, but she doesn't answer. You ring her again, and she doesn't pick up. Out of the corner of your eye, you see your 6ft 3 blonde wife being harassed by paparazzi. You run over, pushing away the paparazzi and hugging Gwendoline and pulling her away from the crowds. They follow you, but you run into a nearby coffee shop, so they can't follow you.
"Y/N honey, they noticed the rings. On your interview, they spotted your ring and saw I had the same one on!" She says, tears running down her face, gasping for breath.
"It's alright Gwendoline. If you aren't ready, I'll ring my dad. He's here tonight and I'll get him to bring Ralph, one of his security, and he will escort us around the city for as long as we need. We can deny all rumours for as long as you want," you say, trying to comfort Gwendoline.
She just nods and you ring your dad. In about 10 minutes, you see Ralph barge through the group of Paparazzi waiting for us to leave.
Ralph comes inside and hugs me. You  had known him all my life.
Gwendoline grasps her composure and you leave the coffee shop with Ralph. As they follow you Ralph blocks their view and tells them to leave. Some start to leave but not all of them do.
When we reached the ball drop, it was almost time so you went back on stage, leaving Gwendoline with Ralph. During the countdown you see Gwendoline hugging Ralph's arm. You smile at the sight. They ball drops and we enter 2023. Hopefully this year is better.
You sneak off stage and go see Gwendoline. She doesn't want to go to the party so we head back to the hotel. Ralph goes to his room and you and Gwendoline snuggle.
She sobs into your chest and you hug her tight.
"It's going to be ok Gwendoline,"
You both fell asleep quickly.

~skip to work~

It was now January 3rd, your first back on set. You had made an agreement with Gwendoline that you weren't going to wear your wedding rings to work.
The first couple of days went smooth, you were still known as the work wives.
Until one day, you and Gwen both forgot to take off your rings.
"So are you two married now?" John asked that day.
I look at him confused then look at mine and Gwendoline's entwined hands. We were both wearing rings.
"Maybe," you said
"Don't tell anyone, John, I can't deal with the paparazzi," Gwendoline begs.
"Don't worry Gwendoline, I would never!"
Suddenly we were surrounded.
"So you really are wives!"
"Married work wives!"
"When?"
Everyone was talking. I broke down. I'd let Gwendoline down. I was supposed to protect her and I didn't.
She picked me up off the floor and told everyone to leave us alone.
"I'm sorry Gwendoline, I let you down!" You sob.
"No y/n you could never. They are just a bunch of nosey people. Atleast we don't have to hide it now, work wife," she smirks and kisses you.

1321 words
Here's part 2. I got quite carried away but I hope you love it. Happy New year guys🫶🫶🫶