Miss me?

⚠️anxiety, depression,  death

It had been 3 years since your wife Gwendoline died. She'd been at the Emmy's and on her way home was attacked and passed away. Or that's what you were told. You arrived at the hospital to be told she was dead. They didn't let you see the body and you had her cremated so you could have her at home.
After her death, you had crashed into a downward spiral. You had no purpose now. You stopped working for a while, diagnosed with anxiety and depression and didn't leave your house for three months. Every day you would watch the last footage of her life, her and the GoT cast accepting their Emmy. If only you had been with her, maybe she didn't have to die.
You'd received an overwhelming amount of love and support from the public. Her co-stars would spend weeks at a time looking after you. It was hard on all of them too. One of her best friends, Nikolaj, moved in with you after the funeral. He would wake up every morning and sir next to you, talking to you, reminding you how much you were loved.
As it had been 3 years, you decided you needed to rebuild your life. You weren't going to get into a relationship, you had lost your high-school sweetheart.
You invited Nikolaj and a couple of others out for dinner and they all agreed.
Nikolaj also was taking you to her grave beforehand.
Nikolaj picked you up from your house and took you to buy flowers. You picked Gwendoline's favourite red and white roses.
That's the bouquet she had at your wedding. While Nikolaj drove, you sat there twiddling with your ring. You had made this journey many times before.
"It will be ok y/n, she's watching over you?" He says comforting you
"I know, I just miss her. I mean we dated for 6 years, engaged for 2 and married for 11. I lost my partner of 19 years. We dated from age 14!" You cry.
"I know y/n, just remember, she loved you and always will," he says pulling into the car park and then hugging you.

You make the long walk to the back of the cemetery. You see a tall figure at her grave, dressed in all black. You walk over and tap on their shoulder.
Imagine your shock when you see your wife staring in shock at you.
"G-gw-gwendoline, you are a-a-alive?" You stutter
"Y/n? What are you doing here?" She asks in shock
"Visiting you with Nikolaj my love?"
"But what about your husband?"
"What husband?" You ask puzzled.
"After the attack, I was taken to the hospital and was pronounced dead. Then suddenly I woke up. My parents had taken me home, saying you were planning on divorcing me and had already moved on. I was devastated and stayed in hiding for 2 and 1/2 years.
One day on the news I saw a story about myself and you. It was you talking to the government about violence and saying they need to crack down on it. I saw how you spoke about me, still in all black."

"I would never move on from you I mean, I spent 19years with you before the attack and now its been 22!"
"I love you y/n!"
"I love you too Gwendoline!" You say hugging her.
You hear sobs and see Nikolaj crying.
"Get in here," Gwendoline says signalling for him to join our hug.

"One question?" Asks Gwendoline
"What honey?"
"Miss me?" She laughs as you hit her lightly.

610 words
This is really sad