Adjusting

A/n: Here's Diana's duck form in my style.

Diana woke up in her and Mallory's bunk as usual. She looked to her hand and then felt her face, almost like she turned back to a human, but she was still a duck. Diana got out of bed and got her gear on except for her leg pouch and went out to make breakfast. She started on pancakes, fruit salad, and coffee for Tanya since the scientist was more of a night owl than a midday duck. 

Diana then felt for her earing, but it wasn't there, she knew she wouldn't be able to wear it again. Diana sighed before slamming her fist into the counter, hot tears rolling down her face as she fell to the floor.

 She got up and finished the food before heading up to the rink with her skates and hockey gear. Wishbone was up now and ready to start the day he usually slept with Diana and Mallory in their bunk, but he slept in the living room instead. He noticed his owner going up to the rink, so he rushed over to each of the ducks' rooms and got them up. 

The last one Wishbone got up was NoseDive, who was trying to sleep in but wasn't getting to because of the pitbull's morning breath. "Ah! Wishbone! Your breath stinks, come on!" Dive got up anyway and followed Wishbone to the kitchen. 

"Hey, who made breakfast? Grin?" The enlightened duck shook his head. "Not me. But where is Diana?" Wishbone then used his claws to scratch at the elevator doors, getting their attention. 

WildWing seemed to understand and follow the dog up top, they found Diana she skated in a circle as she reached down and touched the ice with her gloved hand. "Guess the tradition of touching the ice to honor someone is here too." 

Wild pressed a button on his armor and he was now in his hockey gear, as Diana started to shoot pucks into the goal. Diana shot her last puck only for it to be caught be WildWing. "Wild? I didn't think anyone else was awake." 

"Wishbone woke us up." Diana looked over to her dog, but he was walking away with a smug wag of his tail. The female cursed in Inuit before looking back at the goalie. "Up for some one-on-one practice?" 

Diana sighed before getting ready to take a shot and slapped the puck to the goal, but it was blocked by the male duck. The two soon got an audience as the rest of the team came up with Wishbone and sat in the stands. 

Diana decided to get a closer shot but was disappointed when that too was blocked. "You're not even trying, Diana." Diana then skated about twelve feet away with the puck and set it on its side, she raised a brow and smirked as she performed the same crazy shot, she used on one of Draganus' robots. 

The puck spun through the air towards the goal. 

WildWing was ready to block it, but it went right past his gloved hand and into the goal. 

WildWing took off his mask and stared wide eyed at the puck behind him as Diana skated over. The rest of the team was in a state of shock too. 

"I don't believe it." Duke said as he started to come out of it. "Birdie just got the puck past my big bro!" Diana took off her helmet and chuckled a bit at Wild's face. "Close your beak, Wild. You're gonna catch flies." 

The woman then got off the ice with the goalie in toe. "Woah, woah, woah, what kind of crazy shot was that?" Diana took off her skates and gloves. 

"That was my dad's knuckle puck. It's hard to be accurate, but it drives goalies insane." 

"Still, you actually got a puck past me." Diana shook her head and smiled a bit. "So, someone probably got one past you before." 

The team came over to the bench and NoseDive started to explain. "You kidding, Birdie? Nobody has even come close to getting a puck past WildWing." This made Diana the shocked one now as she stared at Dive. "Seriously?"