Lazy Day

Diana woke up this morning and since it was Dive's turn to make breakfast, she went up to the rink to skate. Not to practice, not to slap pucks into the goal, just to skate. The female sighed in content when she got on the ice. 

It was peaceful without the roaring fans the Mighty Ducks had. 

She just skated for a bit, letting the cold seep into her and relax her. It was her own way of waking up some days, and Diana wouldn't change feeling the ice-cold air of the rink. 

"Diana, what are you doing?" WildWing was awake and knew where she might be. 

The dark-haired duck shrugged and stopped as Wild got onto the rink. "Just skating. Helps me wake up sometimes." 

He raised a brow. "I thought you'd be practicing your shots." 

"What's better, just skating, or a puck ricochetting because you missed and hit your face?" Diana crossed her arms as they were now in front of each other. 

"You do have a point." The two then got off the ice and sat in the stands. WildWing had his arm wrapped around Diana's shoulders as she leaned on his chest. It was still quiet in the stadium, but also chilly. "It's pretty quiet." 

"Yeah, and speaking of quiet, any word about old dino butt and his mad scientist?" Diana looked up as he sighed and shook his head. 

"Tanya said that the monitors need some fine tuning, so we get a day off." A laugh and angry scream were heard as Malory and Duke came running out to the stadium. 

Mal had an angry look on her face as she chased the thief around. Her hair and face were wet, and it made the couple wonder what happened. "Duke! You criminal minded, conman! Get back here!" 

Duke only laughed again and kept running from the angry red head. "Look I'm sorry and not sorry for that ice bucket! It was a dare!" 

There's the reason for all this. 

Diana shook her head and chuckled. "They're acting like teenagers." She looked to her boyfriend and the two started laughing, finding what they were seeing funny. 

The other two ducks left the rink, and it was just Diana and Wild again. The two drinking in the silence and each other as they sat there. It was nice to be alone and in peace for once in the crazy lives they live. 

"How much you wanna bet Duke was lying about it being a dare?" Diana smirked as she said this, but then again, she probably wasn't wrong.

"You're probably right." Wild answered in Inuit, and he was getting better at the language. 

The female noticed this. "You're getting better at speaking Inuit. But your accent still needs work."

He chuckled and the two decided to go get some breakfast. And when they got down to the base, it was all chaos. Wishbone and NoseDive were hiding under the table, Tanya, Duke, and Malory were engaged in a food fight, Grin was sitting in the living room with some tea. The sage was unbothered. 

"We leave for five minutes, and this place is a warzone." Diana pinched the bridge of her beak and WildWing sighed at this. "I just remembered an important reason why we practice. To blow off steam." 

A muffin was then thrown at Diana's face and Wild tried to hold his laughter, but he couldn't. The female duck gave a playful glare and smushed the muffin into her boyfriend's face, and now it was her turn to laugh. 

WildWing smirked and lifted Diana up and over his shoulder. "Hey! Wild! Put me down!" 

Diana laughed as she hit his back a few times and he ran for cover from the onslaught of food. "Nope, sorry, Diana! Not happening!" 

He dove into the hall where the bedrooms were and put her down. "Well, we can hide here until they wear each other out." 

The two laughed as the chaos continued. "We need to get them to stop, Wild. But thanks for the save. Even though you laughed when I got hit." 

"You got me back though." Wild pointed to the muffin that was smudged on his cheek and Diana helped him get it off. "Thanks." 

She smiled as he did the same for her. "Yeah, I did." 

A crash sounded and the two ducks flinched as a girly scream was heard. And they knew exactly who it was. "Phil's here." 

Diana sighed and ran a hand through her hair before going to deal with this. "I better go-." She was stopped and pulled into Wild's chest. "Wild, we gotta calm everyone down. What are you-?" 

He didn't listen as he kissed her, and she returned it before the two parted. They smiled at each other and went to get everything under control. 

"Guys!" WildWing tried to yell over the crazy yelling and chaos, but the two ducked as a hashbrown was thrown. 

Diana sucked in a deep breath and shouted instead. "QUIET!" 

Everyone listened this time, and turned to the couple, who both had their arms crossed. They looked like angry parents about to scold their kids. 

"Thanks, Diana. Guys, we leave for five minutes and you all trash the place. It looks like a bomb went off." A pancake fell off the wall and onto the floor. 

First to apologize was Malory. "Sorry, we all got carried away. We haven't had a day off since the whole war started, so we have a little cabin fever." 

Duke went next as Dive and Wishbone came out of hiding. "Mal's got a point. We're a little cooped up." 

Diana sighed and had an idea. "Okay, I have an idea. We go up to the rink and skate. No practice, no checking others into the board, we go and have some fun." 

The team was pretty confused as Diana said this but a half an hour later, the team was having a blast on the ice. All of them had their jerseys on and had a hockey stick as they passed around a puck randomly. 

"Diana! This was a great idea!" 

Grin took a shot, but he hit the puck too hard, and everyone hit the deck as the puck sailed through the air and shattered the boards. "Oh, my bad." 

"Blame it on a sudden attack if Uncle Phil asks?" Everyone agreed with that and got off the ice, the energy from the chaos from this morning and the fun they had on the ice they were all worn out. 

Once they cleaned up the mess left in the base, Tanya went to work on the monitors, Duke and Grin played some checkers, NoseDive went to his room with Wishbone, and Malory sat down with a book. 

Wild and Diana were watching a movie. "What I tell you, skating helps." 

"I'll admit, it was a pretty good idea." The two then focused on the movie until they heard Phil scream from the rink. 

"What happened to the boards?!"